hey im 17 years old male ive been pritty healthy to date but today i woke up and have a solid lump on the end of my collarbone it dosent hurt but its really notice able im just heaps worried about it if any 1 could help me out im just unsure if its anything to worry about coz its so solid

I have the same issue, im a very healthy and athletic young male but i recently noticed a lump on the right collarbone near the sternum almost as if the right collarbone sticks out further then the left. Please let me know what the problem is.

Rofl, I'm 14 and I notice that the right collar bone has a lump at the end where the 2 meet, I see that my right one sticks out more then the left one. I think it's normal :-P

Well the enlarged collar bone/sternum joint doesn't appear to be age related! I'm a 63 year old healthy male and just noticed the same condition. A little knot on the right collar bone at the sternum connection. AND about three inches on the right collar bone at the knot is enlarged. No pain or tenderness. No tests yet but are planned.

did you ever get testing and if so, what were the results??

I also would like to know as I have a lump formed on top/end of right side collar bone. I have been dealing with what I thought was a muscle proplem since late last year. I am not sure where I should go for now.

My name is Gene . I live in Toronto. I am 61 years old.

I have the same symptoms that you have, only my hard bump is about the size of a grape and is firmly attached to the upper side of the clavicle where it binds to the sternum. I am feeling no pain from it.

For the past 2 months, I have seen 3 doctors and have had an X-ray, 2 ultrasounds, 2 biopsies and an CT scan this week. So far, the docs have told me that the growth is not from either a fungal or bacterial infection, but they otherwise do not know what has caused it . They have not eliminated the possibility of cancer, but it seems unlikely at this point.

I am expect to be scheduled with a Thoracic Surgeon soon so that he can do an 'open biopsy' and to remove the growth. The nurse called today to tell me to expect this surgery before the end of October.

I am not particularly worried about this lump. If it is cancer, it is growing so slowly that it is not likely a major threat and can be treated easily. However, I expect that the chance of it being cancer is very small.

I am a 48 year old woman and three days ago i noticed a lump, about the size of a nickle, at the end of my collarbone/clavicle, right above my sternum, but below my thyroid.  It seems to be free floating, not attached, noticble in mirror, firm and a bit painful to the touch, but otherwise not painful.  It was just there all of a sudden.  Doesn't seem bigger than when I first noticed it.  No idea what it is or why.  Haven't been to dr. yet.

I have the issue. I have a grape size, rather hard lump in the hollow of my right collar bone near my shoulder. I've had it for years actually, but it's recently gotten a bit larger. I'm 57 and have both a connective tissue disorder (EDS) and Sjögren's syndrome which affects the lymph nodes. I had a dermatologist tell me a few years ago it's not an uncommon area to develop lumps and didn't seem concerned. Another told me it's likely related to my SJORGRENS. I also tend to get random hard cysts (granulomas) on my legs and arms. So far, all appear to be benign. Hoping it stays that way.

I have a lump on left clavicle, they say it's arthritis, but a fatty deposit or cyst could also b a reason