Okay well about a year ago i went to the doctor and found high amounts of protein in my urine, after MANY tests i had to go to a special doctor who only studies kidney's...he said it was a sign of kidney disease but that i was fine..i visit him every 6 months to get checked up...ive been feeling fine until about a week ago my lower back started to hurt RLLY badly out of nowhere...i couldnt walk right and was basically stuck in bed the whole week...my mom says im fine but im kinda worried because having pain near around that area where my kidneys are kinda scares me...my mom wont take me to the doctors, and the specialist i see is so booked i would have to wait till my next appointment (In June)...anyone have any idea of what this could be?

Hey DV,

could i get some more info? age, if you've had a fever, was the pain on both sides of your back? does it come and go? does it still hurt? have you noticed any burning or trouble when you urinate and do your have any blood in your urin?
thanks

Im 16 year old girl and ive had pain on both sides of my back, mostly my left side though, my mom said it could be period pain but 2 weeks of this isnt normal...no blood or problems to urinate but im in constant pain =(

hey DV,

Is the pain worse when you sit or stand than when you lay down?? i also found a good article on this site for proteinuria (protein in your urin) it goes over causes risks and management tips as well as other FYI info.

are you diabetic or do you have high blood pressure? and has your nephrologist put you on any medication for your proteinuria?

thanks

First of all, how you feel now? Is everything okay?

Secondly, It's no good for anyone finding protein in urine. But some did have no effect. Serious condition is that suffer from a continous protein in urine.

Just like the first time your doctor told you, it may be a sign of kidney disease. I thought it was found timely and if gave a right treatment, you probably recovered now.

Back pain can be caused by lots of reasons. Of course I do understand your concern, and I aggree with you totally. Immediate tests should be taken so as to find out the underlying causes of the disease in the early stage of the disease.

I strongly suggest you to call your doctor, talk your worry with him. Anything I can help, don't hesitate to tell me.