I just got my results and it says that I have increased proteine in urine??? What are the possible causes of high levels of protein in urine? I would like some explanation. Thank you in advance.

Well, I can tell you exactly, but increased levels of protein in the urine may therefore be due to diseases of the kidney such as glomerulonephritis. It may also be due to general illnesses that also affect the kidney as in high blood pressure or heart failure, Infections of the renal pathway such as cystitis or pyelonephritis. It is extremely important when considered with other symptoms that together indicate the cause.

Hello there

Increased level of protein in urine doesn’t have to be such a big of a deal. It is normal to have some level of protein in your urine so did the doctor mentioned to you that you have abnormally high level of proteins in your urine? If he didn’t than you are probably suffering from harmless condition called proteinuria. Sometimes this condition isn’t treated at all but your doctor will do the tests after some time to check the level of protein in your urine and if it is reduced.

But sometimes this can be a consequence of some more serious conditions which will require some additional tests. I believe if your doctor didn’t order any that you are just fine.