Hi! My doctor thinks that I have Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). What are the symptoms of glomerular disease? How he knows that I have FSGS, I only had blood and urine tests?

Hi! The signs and symptoms of glomerular disease include proteinuria: large amounts of protein in the urine, hematuria: blood in the urine, reduced glomerular filtration rate: inefficient filtering of wastes from the blood, hypoproteinemia: low blood protein edema: swelling in parts of the body.
One or more of these symptoms can be the first sign of kidney disease. Urinalysis provides information about kidney damage by indicating levels of protein and red blood cells in the urine. Blood tests measure the levels of waste products such as creatinine and urea nitrogen to determine whether the filtering capacity of the kidneys is impaired. The doctor may recommend ultrasound or an xray to see whether the shape or size of the kidneys is abnormal. I also had kidney biopsy. A biopsy may be helpful in confirming glomerular disease and identifying the cause.