Hi, I have this extreme, sharp lower back pain, around kidney area. Not sure what could that be. I fell from the stairs recently and hit my back, but this feels somehow different. Also, yesterday I have noticed a little blood in my urine and fear that I have some kidney problem.

Hi, most probably. When you have that kidney pain and blood in your urine, you can be sure that your kidney are in danger. Blood is the sign meaning go to your doctor right now. You could have a kidney disease or a stone? Stones are not something to worry about – they will pass on their own (if you don`t have some extra large kidney stone). But, it could also be some sort of kidney infection.

This is definitely a sign of kidney problem and it is not related with the injury. Blood in your urine is enough for you to see that you need consult first your GP and then your urologist. After he done some urine analysis he will get the right diagnosis and if your problem is kidney stones then you will have to adjust your lifestyle a little bit.

First you will have to see how many stones you have and how large are they. Your doctor will inform you if there is a need for surgical procedure (the surgery is done only if the stones are too big to pass). During this home treatment you will feel pain so drink medications and fluids as your urologist prescribed and you will be fine.