Hi. I had an accident a few days ago. I fell of the byke, right on some big rock with the right side of my back, at my waistline, and it was really painful. Later, when I went to the bathroom to urinate, I have noticed some blood and got really scared. My parents fear of kidney injury, but now I think like it`s no big deal. Should I check it out? Also, I had a fever and still feel some back pain.

Hi, well I had kidney injury, and it`s no joke. If you have a kidney injury (urinating blood is almost always linked with kidneys), then your symptoms are acute. Don`t let them become chronic (chronic symptoms are weight loss, constipation). I also had blood in my urine and did some test, urinalysis (including RBC urine test), kidney x-ray, abdominal CT scan and IVP (shows the functionig of the kidney). Doc gave me some analgetics and I went to a nonsurgical treatment - bed until bleeding is reduced, drugs for pain and close observation. I think it`s possible for your kidney to return to normal functioning. Everything depends on the cause and extent of injury.