So a few days ago, I had really bad pain in my lower right abdomen. It's more like my side going into the back. I don't think it's appendicitis because it wasn't excrutiating like people who I know that have had it before say it should be. It felt more like a mixture of gas pain and a muscle being pulled. But it became sharp at some points, but then went away completely. Between then and now I've become constipated. I have IBS-D so constipation is a shock for me when I get it. But I haven't been able to go to the bathroom normally. I've had a few nuggets here and there. The thing is is that I have no stomach pain what-so-ever. I don't have pain like you would with normal constipation. I've been eating and everything, so it's not that I have an empty stomach. I get tightness some what in my side still, and a little pain, but like a pulled muscle, and lately I've felt a shaking, like a muscle spasm. Should I be worried that I'm having these spasms and not being able to go to the bathroom? For my IBS-D I take Lomotil, could that be causing it too? Is it something I should go to the doctors or ER about?

Lomotil should, if anything, prevent just the type of pain you are experiencing, the one that feels like muscle being pulled or spasms. so, there is a chance that the constipation is not related either to the IBS (which can sometimes manifest itself in a way you wouldn't expect - through constipation) or Lomotil. Do you have any problems with urination?

Which would explain why I don't have the pain, but no, I'm urinating fine and regularly. I took a laxative last night, and although it's made no change (going to the bathroom wise) I've had more gas. It's just the oddest thing.