I am 19 years old...
I have been tested for celiacs & i have had a stool culture
both have come back negative
I have also had my thyroid checked and my blood work also came back fine
I have been to a gastrologist and he thinks I might be having IBS and he told me to take fiber pills which I have been taking.
I have had an upper GI which showed a hiatal hernia

I am almost always tired
I just don't feel good
I have had chronic headaches for about 5 years now
I have gas almost always now
Gas pains
I go from diarrhea to constipation off and on
When I do have stool it's usually hard & has mucus
sometimes bright red blood with it
I have gained about 6 pounds, this doesn't seem a lot to most but i've always been around 110 and only have fluctuated a few pounds here and there

ANY IDEAS?
I have a hard time believing this is all being caused by IBS
Thanks!

I've had similar issues. I believe mine is being caused by stress. You may want to try having a colonoscopy. Other things for them to check is Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis.

I am meeting with a GI specialist very soon to see what is going on. I also just discovered I have what feels like a small hernia but I also workout a lot so it could just be from that.

Di you find out what was causing it or have any relief? I have very similar symptoms. Thanks!

Did you find out what was causing it or have any relief? I have very similar symptoms. Thanks!

I stopped going to my doctor after awhile, it was making me lose hope.
So, on my own I decided to start a food journal & write down when I get headaches, when I feel crappy & what I had to eat.
By process of elimination I figured out that cheese makes me pretty sick. :[ I would eat a 1/2 sandwich with cheese and feel bloated and extremely full. So, I cut it out of my diet and I feel better, not a hundred percent but better. Ice cream and some other dairy products make me sick too, depends on the quality and how much I consume. However, it's odd because i'm not lactose intolerant? Maybe I'm allergic, I really don't know.
Anyways - I suggest a journal & getting tests done for celiacs/chrons if you haven't already had them.
GOOD LUCK!

Have you had your thyroid checked? You're younger than typical patients with it, but hypothyroidism (under active thyroid) can cause unexplained tiredness, headaches, weight gain, constipation, among other symptoms. I struggle with IBS and just recently have had a lot of trouble with cheese and some other dairy products. I feel best when I just stay away from it. I also recently learned that on top of everything else (mainly food and stress) allergies can upset IBS, so I have started taking Claritin regularly, and it has been helping. Hope you're feeling better.