I don't know what is wrong with me. Ever since I gave birth four years ago I have suffered withe this. I always have gas, and constipation except like twice a week when my stomach starts cramping so bad it feels like a knife stabbing in my lower and left of my tummy. When that gets real intence after a minute or so I always hear a loud rumble in my left lower intestine. I get several of these episodes followed with diarrhea. This lasts a few hours or more and leaves me nautious. During these episodes I some times get hot cold flashes, a rash on my chest and neck, sweating, nausua, and more often it causes my throat to itch, and my asthma to flare. One time I weighed myself before and after the episode and I lost 3 lbs by the time it was over. I mostly get these stomach achs at night but some times rarely during the day. I have tried over the counter mess like pepto bismol, bit they don't help at all infact some times it seems to make it worse. I tried to use stool softeners thinking it was constipation but that makes me have stomach achs daily. Some times my stomach will keep cramping and there isn't anything left so I run to the bathroom as if I am going to have a huge bm but almost nothing happens. I went to several doctors. One doc gave me ant acids (stupid) another said it was my gall blader, and another said said it's in my head (rofl) I am not getting results with doctors, so I'm going try this. Please help me.

Hi honey! To me this sounds like CLASSIC IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome! Which 20% of the population have and untill recently doctors said it was "In the head"! There isn't any particular test they can run for this, it is all clynical and history, has this been brought up to you before?