Hi all, I have had the mirena for just under a year now, and I am still experiencing pain, which my gyno told me would disappear after about 3 months. I am 17 years old at the moment, but I had the mirena put in when I was 16, and sexually inexperienced to say the least. Many people have told me that the inexperience could be the cause of the prolonged pain, but I have read so many reports online of women having similar problems. I can't tolerate the internal examinations so I have to have ultrasounds to help check if the mirena is in place, and everything seems alright. I just don't know what is causing the pain. I also have been suffering from aches in my lower back and I have put on weight drastically since having the mirena inserted. Has anybody else had any of these problems?? I'm only 17 and my gynaecologist doesn't explain any options to me. I don't need the mirena for contraception as of yet because im not sexually active, but i have PCOS. I have tried countless pills but I have no idea what is the best option for me. Please, if you have any advice or similar experiences, reply to this!! Should I get the mirena removed?? I really don't have a clue... Thanks :)

Hi there. I'm 20, not sexually active and have never been. I was wondering if that was the case with you and if so, how bad was the pain of insertion of the mirena? Did they use local anesthesia?