I have had mine for 5 yrs (7-10-10) had it replace on 10-10-15 due to forgetting about it but my stomach started cramping... So I had it replace that day and it was PAINFUL but I had no issues with it in the 5 yrs prior.. So I was told to come back in 2 weeks to have checked cause my other was to far up only way to check it was thru ultra sound.. But any who... 3 days before my appt. hubby and I had tried to have sex so he didn't feel anything then (kiddo interrupted) but the next day we had sex after the kids went t school and while cleaning up I could feel the strings and the bottom of the iud. I called my dr didn't get a call back till later that nite in mean time it was bugging me so I took it out.. I went to my appt 3 days later and they were unable to put t back in or replace it till after I have a period... Now I haven't had one in over 5yrs.. 3 day after it came out I started to bleed BAD... And the cramps got worse, felt like the flu.. By 5 days the pain stopped by t the bleeding would come and go. Well tonite I thought I was done until I went potty before bed an BRIGHT RED BLOOD was present... And clots.. Freaked me out for real. I hope I stop bleeding soon. But I was told I have to wait till after my next period to try and get it replaced again... But I did not gain weight in the past 5 yrs that I could blame the Mirana for an don't not crave sweets like I have read many times...

Hi there

These are side reactions commonly faced after Mirena removal. Some women bleed and clots too in excess of a fortnight, discomfort may be experienced for many months. Search google for Mirena Crash and you will discover that you are not alone. Many have experienced similar symptoms.

Suggest you visit your doctor is in severe pain or bleeding. Follow doctors advice for another Mirena insertion. Love, light and healing for you

I was told that when this bleeding stops an I get a period again to call and they will be able to put another in depending on insurance.. But that's what I loved about my iud. I had no reactions to it no bleeding no problems.. So idk what happened this time my mind says no more babies right now we are not in a position to take care of another even tho we have talked about it but I guess my body is confused an expelled it... Idk