For the past year, I've experienced gradual changes to what I thought was just sleeping on my hands wrong which caused a tingling of the hands upon raising. Now my fingers - more on my right hand than my left, are getting swollen and very tight feeling and while I still have use of my hands, I find the pain, discomfort getting worse. I've not seen a physician on this yet, as I don't know what to call it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I am also waking with swollen hands, can't wear my wedding ring. When washing my hair I have needles and pins in my right hand only. Right baby finger seems to lock and is painful most of the time. My right hand is much worse than my left.

I have increased my B6 intake and am trying to drink more water. There also seems to be some swelling in my face. I am 56 and stopped taking birth control pills (after 26 years) in June.

Any suggestions?

I too have experienced the exact same symptoms. I too, just want off the pill after 30 years (I am 49). My OB/GYN says it is NOT related to going off the pill and my primary care doctor doesn't know what it could be. He gave me an RX for a different NSAID, which was ineffective. I wnt back on the pill and it seems to be improving. It is very frustrating...

My husband experienced the same exact symptons. Make a long story short, he got an MRI and was diagnosed with MS. The MRI showed lessions on the brain and one on the upper spinal column. Be very careful and always get a second opinion because right before we moved to upstate NY, he got a MRI for the neck and spine and the so called DR. found a supposed spinal tumor (an MS lession) that they said could be removed with great risk of paralysis. Can you imagine if he was operated and they went in and found MS? He has been on Avonex for almost 3 years and is doing ok. This on top of having a sister with MS. Fight the Doctors for a complete MRI because most do not want to to an MRI because of the cost to the insurance. My husbands hand will always be numb and painful because he was not diagnosed for a few years. MS is not the end of the world, there are medications that can help you lead an active, productive life.

Look up MCTD (Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder.) I was just diagnosed, and your symptoms sound similar to mine.

I am only 20 years old and have also been experiencing the same symptoms. I wake up in the morning with both hands tingling and feeling numb. My mom suggested that I get my blood sugar level checked. I am beginning to get a little more concerned as now I wake up with my hands not only feeling numb but they are swollen, red, and hurt. I've been on birth control since I was 16 for my Endometriosis but just recently began experiencing these specific symptoms. I hate going to the doctor, haven't found one that really expresses genuine concern for their patients....what should I do?

"Right baby finger seems to lock and is painful most of the time." That's called trigger finger,you can get an injection which will help for a bit for the inflammation... but a permamnet fix is surgery. Usually out patient, the cut the sleeve which holds the tendon. A short healing, and some therapy and it wont lock anymore.

hi i have the same as u . i went to my docters and they had taken blood and didnt found any think . i think if u ask for an ex ray . you could have arthritis i have it in nearly all my boby parts . so go to ur doctors and find out . i have pain killers and they dont do any think for me even the stronger ones . but it does help some people . i hope this helps or go to NHS then put swollen hands they will help i all ways go on there . and when u read what other people say it helps u when u go to ur docters . sorry for going on im no good at wright . xx :)

The symptoms that you are all talking about is for a condition called Carpel Tunnel syndrome. 

I suffered from this for year. I would wake up with numb life like hands in the morning, with the pins and needled and it would take ages for them to get the feeling back. As it went on, I found it hard to sleep, because of which side I laid on, my arms and hands would have a horrible dull ache. Then slowly in the day time, when I was chopping vegetables, or even just cutting up my dinner, I started getting shooting pains up my wrists.

Carpel tunnel, is when the fibrous band inside your wrists constricts, presses on your nerves. You can try taking ant-inflammatory drugs or water tablet, to get rid of the swelling, this helps with the pain also. You can also try putting an ice pack on your wrists and wearing a splint on you hands and wrists when you go to bed. It can get better on its own, but I took up gardening, the repetitive vibration from the lawn mower etc made mine worse. So I had an operation. Glad to say, that was three months ago and I have no more of the symptoms.

Good luck 

x

I am a 59 year old male. For the past two months, I have experienced similar symptoms and more, gradually getting worse each week. Both of my hands swelling and started going numb, swollen fingers acing, and tingling at times. It seems to be worse at nights, and when I wake up its miserable to get going. I still have the use of my hand but can't make a hard fist all day. I have no strength in gripping. My doctors indicated I may have signs of carpal tunnel entrapment in my palms, but have no idea why my fingers and hands are swelling like this, or why all my joint & mussel pain? I had my blood work done (2) times because of the symptoms doctors recommended testing for Lime disease, Polymyositis, Rhabdomlysis, Myalgia, which have all been tested negative. I feel many of the same exact symptoms as in these diseases. My body is acing and feels like I have been over exercising, with that severe lactic acid feeling in all my mussels as well. I was very active in the gym, but can't grip anything, and pain in my large mussel groups. I don't know what to think?? Help

I am 22 years old and have had this issue about 5 times now. I used to get this feeling closer to night time after having ice cream at carvel... I thought that my fingers were reacting to the temperature but now I have woken up with the exact feeling 5 years or so later. Both of my index thumb and middle fingers are so swollen it hurts to touch them. They feel numb and unmovable. I am a migraine sufferer and have allergies to certain foods. This could be an allergy- but I am thinking it is more. I also have knee pain issues that are so drastic that I cant straighten the knee myself. Two years ago it started as a swelling pain that would come and go- now I just have pain. All of my issues are related to inflammation and I will definteley be contacting a medical doctor or more specifically a doctor that deals with auto immune diseases. I think this may be the cause. (btw I have been tested for lymes, arthritis and autoimmune diseases by regular doctors before with no positive results. I believe that you need to go to a doctor that knows their stuff.) Good luck out there.

I am 23 years old and have the SAME exact symptoms when I wake up.. and it's ONLY when I wake up EVERY morning and it lasts for up to an hour only in my right hand. It's to the point where it's unbearable and will wake me up in the middle of the night and I have To sit up and keep my arm down to relieve the pain, and it only relieves the pain slightly. i, like others on this page, thought it was from sleeping on my arm at first but now I'm just concerned because I no longer sleep on my arms and it's still every morning faithfully. I need to make a doctors appointment but like to use as my "doctor" before I go. but has anyone actually gotten a diagnosis for this yet?

i am an RN this is called Carpal Tunnel syndrome--a tendon--forget the name around ones wrist is getting tighter pinching on a nerve called the carpal tunnel nerve--one has to get a test where a little machine puts a mild currency through this medial nerve-- and if it doesn't go thru well then nerve is being traumatized--simple operation with local to relieve it--a surgeon--better a plastic surgeon--u don't want scars--people may think u slashed yourself there? plastic surgeons can do lovely invisible suturing where they turn the flap end of skin inward--leaves the tiniest scar only--if u don't care for that the plastic surgeon can do a light sanding of the skin and as it heals--to close the skin--one has a more invisible scar yet good luck glad to be able to help

carpal tunnel syndrome again--read article above :) I had to have both hands done

I have Increased Permeability Syndrome and my hands get like this mostly in warmer weather. It is like having Carpal Tunnel Syndrome but mine is caused by fluid retention from disorder. I do NOT have Lymph Edema or cardiac issues.

_removed_