I have been unable to taste anything for a year. My tongue hurts most of the time.Cold things make it hurt really bad. I have RA and have been on high doses of steroids amd I have had bi pylori infection. I have cut down on the prednosone and the infection is gone but still no taste.The doctors don't seem to know what it is either.I just heard this week about denture cream causing a zinc over dose to the users system.Would this kind of nerve damage affect my tongue and my taste? Would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. 8-|
Also I am addicted to cinnomon hard candy.It is the only thing that remotley has any taste.

Hi! I read that taste disorder can be caused by: Upper respiratory and middle ear infections; Radiation therapy for cancers of the head and neck; Exposure to certain chemicals, such as insecticides and some medications, including some common antibiotics and antihistamines; Head injury, Some surgeries to the ear, nose, and throat (e.g., third molar—wisdom tooth—extraction and middle ear surgery); Poor oral hygiene and dental problems. Many types of taste disorders are curable. But if your doctors don't know what's causing it, you should look for another opinion or just adjust to your problem. :-( I hope this helps.