For the last 4 days everything I eat or drink has a buttery after taste or finish. Its driving me nuts. Its not bitter, its kind of creamy butter like. I have never had any heath problems, good bmi, no dental issues, don't smoke or chew. I dont eat much seafood. Not allergic to anything. Not on any meds of any kind, over the counter etc. Help!!!

you know what I do too!

Have you eaten pine nuts or something with pine nuts in it recently?

Check out the forum here about all the people who have eaten pine nuts imported from china and had the same reaction.

I ate pesto in a meal recently and I have had this horrible taste every time I eat. Its been going on for nearly two weeks!

Help!

Celebrity
Pine nuts give a bitter taste. its horrible, iv had it. But worth looking into.

My one thought is... Has your diet got a lot of fat in it. Pastry, Cakes, Chocolate ect.
It may be like heart burn or a relux of the fatty stuff your eating.

I've also been experiencing the same thing..... for the last two weeks. It doesn't matter what I eat or drink, I get this creamy after taste. It's a pleasant after taste - but it's obviously abnormal (except that now I know at least 2 other people in the world have experienced this.....).

I also don't smoke (never have) don't chew gum, haveen't been experiencing any tooth ache or anything.....

I'd really like to know what's going on.....

I've also been experiencing this exact phenomenon.

I developed a blood clot in my leg about 1 month ago and started taking a lot of natural remedies at that point - Nattokinase, Pycnogenol and really increased my Vitamin E intake. That is about the time I first noticed the taste, and wonder if it is related to either blood clots or the supplements?

I don't smoke, chew, basically healthy.

Now taking Coumadin too as the natural remedies didn't prevent the clot from growing. But had the taste before the Coumadin - which has it's own nasty metallic taste.

Welcome any ideas.

Dear all

I have had the taste symptom exactly as described above for 5 weeks now. I`ve visited a couple of doctors both claiming that they have never heard of this symptom before. I am a non-smoker, no alergies, in very good shape, a healthy eater, and I have recently had a full physical exam revealing absolutely nothing. I do however live in the north of Chile where water is very high in metals. I drink bottled mineral water and I work at high altitude. However, I haven`t changed my habits for 3 years and this symptom arrived recently. The symptom first occured when I had returned from Canada to Chile after one month of vacations and started drinking bottled water. I have had some flu symptoms over the last two months (sore throat, congestion, etc), but without any particular peak of sickness. Now after 5 weeks with this buttery taste in the back of my mouth, I still have a bit of a stuffy nose with a large flegm production coming from my sinusus.

If anybody has any more information about their findings of this symptom, how they`re recovered, or if they know what`s causing it, please share with me. Thanks!

If you have been taking fish oils, this may be the culprit.

I have also experienced the "buttery " taste as well. I also have a twitch in my right eye. So bizare . I do not smoke, I eat really well, and I am in pretty good shape. Can anyone help?

I have recently been experiencing a butter aftertaste, even after drinking water. I believe it's the fish oil supplement I recently started to take.

I am on goggle because i was also tring to find a answer also i eat well and all in all good health, but this buttery taste is driving me crazy has been a couple of weeks now. I've tried to come up with a answer and nothing. help

I'm getting the same taste- regardless of what i seem to eat/drink. I drink plenty of water, but the taste still seems to come back.

i've had the same butter taste in my mouth for 2 weeks. the gross part is, is that it doesn't taste bad. i'm just now looking into the problem but will definitely get to the bottom of it even if i have to see 100 drs. i found this on ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed
Thank a lot for the detailed information.
There are numerous causes of abnormal taste, many of which are usually temporary.
For example,
Common cold, flu, a nasal or sinus infection
Allergy to food
Vitamin or mineral deficiency
Dry mouth (xerostomia) from various causes
Smoking, dental carries,
Diabetes or thyroid disease
Depression, Migraine headache,
Certain medications, Chlorhexidine oral rinse
Damage to the taste nerves from various neurological condition which needs urgent evaluation.
By analyzing you history it may be due to some allergy to some food like pineapple or any. If it is so it will improve by its own way.
You may take multivitamins if there is at all any deficiency.
Take plenty of water sometimes dry mouth may also feel like that though it is unlikely in your case.
If it does not improve consult your physician for detailed examination and investigation.

Expert: Dr. Saha
Doctor (MD)
30 years of experience

Read more: Health Questions - A buttery taste in the mouth. I have brushed and used mouth ... - JustAnswer ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

My son has been complaining of a weird buttery taste for the last few days. He has food allergies, specifically allergies to nuts. Would like to know, what is causing this.

hi yeah i have that same thing, for the last 4 days a constant buttery taste in my mouth. iv had a cold now for about 2 weeks and very congested im putting it down to that but i am going to see a doctor and see what they say, it is so nasty, no matter what i do, drink, eat blow nose etc its still there, i have started taking cod liver oil about 2 weeks ago also maybe it that, but thought id share too so know your not alone with these sypmptoms.

and now there are three

it just shows up and tastes like butter

I think it is coming from my sinuses