I had unprotected sex 15days ago (24/12/2012). My menstrual period is suppose to come on the 6th or 7th of January 2013 by calculation. I have not seen my period. I am pregnant. A friend advise that i should use oxytocin injection on my buttocks so as to force it out, please can this work very. Advice.

If your period was due 7th Jan, 24th Dec was probably the day you ovulated! However, if it was due 6th, it was the day after you ovulated, and you are unlikely to be pregnant. You need to take a pregnancy test to find out if you are pregnant. Why did you have unprotected sex on what could possibly be a highly fertile day? Why did you not try EC?

I would not advise any hormone treatment without proper medical supervision. Where are you from? Although some pharmacists in certain countries, especially in Latin America, offer women injections of hormones like oxytocin to end a pregnancy, they will not cause an abortion, but may actually be harmful.

thanks for this advise, but I have taken a pregnancy test and it reads positive, yesterday night i also took 2ml of oxytocin injection, but nothing came out, my friends are suggesting that i take gynaecosid tablet this evening to help. I am from Nigeria and I already have five children with little or nothing to take care of them, i was taking injection contraceptives every 2 months until February 2011 when i bleeded so much that i had to stop it, since then i have been using condom. please help

How are you today.

I appreciate something of your situation. I didn't pick up your message early enough, but taking gynaecosid is risky and there is no evidence it has any abortive effects. It induces menstruation, and it is thought that those who bleed after taking were not pregnant anyway. Severe bleeding could occur, and if so seek medical help urgently. You have already had bleeding problems. This could be worse. Be careful about taking unsupervised medication on the advice of friends. There are often side effects that could have far worse consequences than carrying full term. Whereabouts in Nigeria are you? Is there a Mission Station, Clinic or Hospital nearby?

What pregnancy test did you take? Was it a hcg blood test?

However, whatever happens with this pregnancy, you need to think about future possible pregnancies. Are there IUDs available locally? This could supplement the condom use. How old are you? Where does the father fit into all this? How did the unprotected sex arise? Could that happen again?

Let me know how you get on.

Take care.

Thanks alot for the advise. I actually did the Pregnancy Test myself using the PT test stripe in urine. I am 37years and I live in Lagos Nigeria. IUDs how safe is it? The father/my husband have not been working for the past 5years the whole family depends on me. the unprotected sex arised as a result of non availablity of condom that night. it could happen again. But this time i need to buy this condom in packs to make it available always. As at yesterday 11pm in the night cloths of blood came out, i've since then been bleeding slightly, with some lower abdominal pain.

The PT urine tests are not always accurate (also depending on the type), particularly if not taken first thing in the morning. A blood test is better. Keep a watch on your blood flow and the abdominal pains, and get help if necessary. It would be better for 6 children to rely on you than 5 children having no-one to rely on!!

IUDs are generally safe if fitted by a healthcare professional. There are different types.

I don't know what facilities are available in Lagos (but that is quite a big area) without some research.

It is a very good idea to have a stock of condoms by you, and never to run out. But if you do, there are other ways of achieving sexual satisfaction you can do together. We could discuss that in open or in private.

I appreciate your concern so much. May be i should run a blood test to be sure. Please discuss other ways of achieving sexual satisfaction please, no problem even if it is in open other will learn from it, but if you think it should be in private, please it as a mail to me, regards.

Dear Mart

Yes. I think that a blood test would be a very good idea.

I can't send a private message as you are not yet a registered member. Email addresses are not allowed to be shown in public. I can make suggestions in public, but if you want to get into specifics you may prefer a more private discussions.

What you do will have to be culturally and religiously acceptable of course. I don't know what those constraints might be. Ways of satisfying you will be different, from ways of satisfying him. Also certain techniques will depend on your your individual sizes and sensitivities. But essentially you can consider stimulating each other to orgasm manually and orally. Clearly the size of his penis & testicles and your clitoris & labia as well as your breasts will affect what you do and how you do it.

Would you like some suggestions now? Perhaps you could give some indication of any aspects of which I should be aware.