I have a urine drug test coming up in 48 hrs.   I took two home test and both came negative - both test were from different companies / brands.   I am drinking gatorade and plenty of water.    What do you think?   Will I pass and have a negative test?  Only serious answers please and any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

You've not smoked in over 2 weeks you should be fine. Keep me posted.

Hey Topssuite,

I wouldn't guarentee that you would pass, despite having two negative home tests. If you are having a drug test done at work/for work, they use a much more intricate drug test than the ones that are available for home testing.  I'm assuming you're trying to dodge a positive for weed? However, that said, it's obvious that you have low amounts of THC or else at least one home test would have been positive. If it does come up a low positive, you can pass it off as second-hand smoke; say that you were in a room with a toker.

The problem with weed is that it stays in the system for a loooong time. Thc is stored in fat cells, so if someone is regular, heavy smoker/eater/bong-er, it can take up to six months to produce a clean urine drug test or years to produce a clean hair folicle drug test.

Good luck

V

I wouldn't rely on the at-home tests, but the half-life is generally 10-13 days so I'd say you should be alright. Try to avoid physical activity between now and the test, as burning fat can release THC metabolites into your blood and urine. Eat protein-rich foods to increase creatine levels and avoid diluted urine, which may cause the tester to believe you have been trying to flush yourself out. B-2 and B-12 vitamins can also help with that.