If people start to use THC alone, isolated from the plant everybody will know how powerful, addictive and psychotic cannabis is. When you use semi-synthetic drugs (like cocaine, morphine that is acetylated to becomes heroin or synthetic drugs like ecstasy and all kinds of anphetamines) you are using only one substance, one molecule (in the case of pharmaceutical substances. You never know what is in street drugs and how it was manufactured). In the case of marijuana you are using a plant material that contains more than 400 substances: THC that induces psychosis, CBD that is anti-psychotic and counteracts the psychotic effects of THC, CBN (oxidated THC), etc. And the strengths and the ratios vary a lot. So one guy is smoking something with low THC that gives just a little euphoria and relaxation. Another one is smoking something that gives a lot of euphoria 10 times bigger and paranoia too. Another one is smoking something that gives euphoria without paranoia. These are examples of different strains and different ratios. And there is another one that is smoking old, or moldy weed with THC already converted to CBN that gives you 5 min of euphoria with a headache after and lack of motivation, heavy feeling.
To turn things more complex, THC and other active ingredients in cannabis have huge half-life and are fat soluble, stay stored in your fat cells for a long time. They take a lot of time to leave your system after you quit. And the withdrawal symptoms are real, and depends of a lot of factors: how long you smoked, the strength of the cannabis, the strain (sativa/indica), the quantity smoked and the frequency. Also everyones body is different so reacts different for different substances. If you smoked a lot of high grade everyday for a long time certainly you gonna feel some kind of withdrawal symptoms, the symptoms can be unbearable or just a walk in the park...like a said, it depends of a lot of factors but i think that in the case of high grade for a long time the withdrawals will be at least bad. it´s physical. Not psychological like people use to think.
Conclusion- THC is dangerous, it´s a toxin of the nerves and i know this by personal experience. It accumulates in the human body and causes a lot of mental and physical problems...The mental problems caused by cannabis are alterations in the brain that´s is a physical part of the body so the source of the problem in this case is physical.

I agree with your rant.

No doubt about it , I'm a doc in residency , thc dominant strains are extremely problematic

@tigerman I completely support your opinion and it is a very good point you made! I believe more studies need to be made about this case. Theres a bigger problem though, and the fact of the matter is that there are more marijuana advocates now trying to legalize marijuana for recreational use when they don't know the disadvantages or already too dependent on it to educate the stoners about the withdrawals. I also wanted to back you up on your indica sativa opinion on its affect whether you smoke too much of one or another what will happen? THEY NEED TO STUDY THIS PERFORM TESTS! btw lost 5 lbs already in 2 days. no appetite thats about. Its my second time quitting. I quit once before for a month then went HAM for 2 months daily 2 bowls of high grade before every meal i ate... And the first time i quit i had depression,anxiousness, insomnia, and lack of appetite. experiencing diffferent withdrawal symptoms were not my plan but im greatful round 2 is not as hard as 1.  I've beaten marijuana withdrawals before they suck and not worth losing my hard work at the gym for! i dont think there will be a round 3 for me. Mj is not for me. 

edit: "experiencing diffferent withdrawal symptoms were not my plan" (was not something i was expecting)

Just quit yesterday , good luck to u , I've quit before but this I need it to be for good .
Agree 100% , 10-15 years the bud was more balanced in terms of its distribution of cannabinoids , I frikkin hate the THC portion I hate the euphoria and brief psychosis that it induces, since people r demanding the thc heavy strains I'm done , it doesn't have a physiological benefit for me the way it's grown.

I don't smoke marijuana nor am I necessarily an advocate for its use and abuse however I must correct you on the dangers of THC. Pharmacologically THC is a well understood substance by itself. It is 50,000 times less poisonous than alcohol and almost 100,000 less poisonous than nicotine drop for drop. You would have to smoke 10,000 joints of "high grade" weed in 10 minutes to overdose on THC. It is classified as a mild hypnotic hallucinogenic according to pharmacopoeia.

So, what about withdrawals? THC lacks any organic structure that would cause a user to become physically dependent on it. It elicits no lasting and changing limbic response such as alcohol, nicotine and opiates. Meaning it hasn't been shown to clearly change brain tissue structure (more studies are needed). That said it can be, and anything can be, psychologically addictive and psychological addiction can mimic physical withdrawal symptoms but it is not a physical detox syndrome such as occurs with alcohol, nicotine and opiates in which all except for nicotine can be fatal. I keep bringing up those drugs because they are the most abused and the most physically addictive. 

Does THC induce psychosis? Yes it can in some people to varying degrees (dose dependent). This is the nature of all psychoactive drugs.

Does THC cause physical withdrawal symptoms? Only from the fact that THC is psychologically addictive. 

Does THC stay in the body a long time? Yes it can but mostly metabolites of cannabinoids are found in adipose tissue for long periods after use and these metabolites are inactive and have no lingering effects neurologically. 

Now with all that "positive" talk, it's time for negatives.

Today's marijuana is NOT the marijuana of the 1970's and 1980's. Today's weed is grown and hybridized to artificially increase the amount of THC produced by the female plants (fertilizers, sodium lamps, specials soils, hydroponics). Weed today contains almost 100 times the amount of THC that occured in plants 35 years ago. So it's no surprise, at least to me, that more and more people are freaking out on weed today. Back in the day, the most that happened was you went to sleep, ate too much, music sounded better, colors were more vivid, and there was just a general sense of well being that didn't last long and there was no hangover. Those days are gone. Today's weed is likely no more dangerous but it's effects are much more powerful and profound. To this extent the study of THC begins to get lost but it continues. 

Anything that you inhale into your lungs as smoke is BAD. Lungs were not made to handle any kind of smoke. There are over 400 known chemicals in marijuana smoke and, no surprise, most are bad and are products of combustion. People who nebulize weed are much less likely to experience negative effects because there is no smoke. So who knows what these chemicals can do? What their synergy is with the active ingredient? Again, give science some time and they will figure it out. 

The guy above is wrong, THC is physically addictive. He don´t know what he is talking about.

All the prosessed foods that are the norm these days is much worse than cannabis. The weed these days is really unbalanced and its hard to find a good strain to smoke. Grow your own, its not hard, anybody who tells you that its hard and its cost a lot of money is wrong. A huge secret grow op in the city can be expensive, Growing a few plants for yourself isnt.

Just use in moderation. THC isn't toxic. Heroin isn't toxic. It's the lifestyle and the way you use that can be bad for you. But meth and alcohol, that sh**s toxic.

Every time I quit I get bad sweats at night, hot flashes, diarrhea, and irritability. That sh*t isn't just in my head. It starts between 24 to 48 hours every single time I quit which has been over a dozen times and didn't even know it was the weed until I realized this isn't a coincidence. I'm talking threw 15 years of experiencing it. Have you experienced it or are you just getting info from a book or class you had?

Every time I quit I get bad sweats at night, hot flashes, diarrhea, and irritability. That sh*t isn't just in my head. It starts between 24 to 48 hours every single time I quit which has been over a dozen times and didn't even know it was the weed until I realized this isn't a coincidence. Feels like a physical detox to me. I'm talking threw 15 years of experiencing it. Have you experienced it or are you just getting info from a book or class you had?