i have been using marijuana alot for the past 5 years. recently i have no apetite. i cannot eat when i'm sober or when i'm high. i can go a whole day with just drinking fluids. i really would like to quite smoking now but my apetite is completely gone. i have loss at least twenty pounds within a matter of weeks. i just had a baby 7 months ago. i did stop the whole time i was pregnant. since i have started back i have loss more weight than i ever wanted to and i cant eat to get it back...... please help i dont know what to do?????

Legend
Hey,

If I were you, I'd stop smoking dope. Generally, marijuana helps you gain weight not lose weight but in some cases of excessive pot smoking, THC could generate some gastrointestinal disorders.

Do you use anything else except marijuana? Do you use any hard drugs? Excessive weight and appetite loss is mostly connected with hard drugs or meds. From the other side, maybe you have a gastrointestinal problem which is not connected with marijuana smoking.

You said you lost over 20 lbs in a few weeks?? This is really too much and regarding some facts, this could provoke serious eating disorders. I think you need to get examined by your doctor, which wills determinate what could provoke such extreme appetite loss. Don't play games with this, because this could lead to very dangerous mental sickness and eating disorders. Don't hesitate to do some tests. Test your liver, test your stomach, your blood, do everything possible to find out what is the main reason for your appetiteloss.

Let us know when you get the results from your test so the people here could help you further!

Take care!

Pseud0

You should see a doctor as quickly as possible about this please. Your potassium could be dangerously low which can cause you to have serious heart problems. Do you feel excessive loss of energy? You need to see a doctor and inform him of all the weight that you have lost in such a short period of time. You may notice your hair falling out a lot. I suffered from an eating disorder some years ago and I'm very familiar with the dangers of loosing all this weight. I was lucky because i got help in time. You may not have the same problem but the weight loss will have the same effect on your body.

Legend
Hi Adriana,

Well, I don't think she has the same problem as you had. She hasn’t mentioned hair loss, just appetite loss. Anyway, I agree with you in one thing - "unknown" you should visit your GP as soon as possible!!! I think marijuana smoking has nothing to do with your current disorder. Appetite loss could be a symptom or a result of various gastrointestinal & metabolism disorders!

Check it out with your GP as soon as possible!

Pseud0

Excatly the same thing happened to me, in the early stages of using, the Pot does make your appetite increase, but after much use my appetite decreased also, I did not really notice until people started to comment on how skinny i was, and they weren;t complimenting me either!. I stopped and gained all my weight back(plus my personality and my old social life back at the same time :-) )- good luck!

Im experiencing this now, ive been blazing weed for about 6 years now, and i hardly get a appetite, ive lost weight too...

force feeding might help, eat when you dont feel like it.. make yourself lol

i noticed over xmas when i forced myself to eat, i gained a little apetite, i woke up a few mornings actualy feeling like breakfast. ;-)

I know what u mean tho, ive had a little cheese roll today, my belly is going OMFG im hungry feed me now, but my mind is going nah cant be arsed. heh

good luck to ya