Hi Everyone,

I am a 24 year old female with a 5 year old son and no significant health problems that I am aware of. I have been smoking weed on and off (but mostly on) for about 10 years now. The longest time I was able to quit was when I was pregnant and I had no trouble quitting then. It wasn't until after my son was born, and I started college full time and had a lot of stress on me and a lot was expected of me that I really started smoking weed on a daily basis and excessive amounts. For the past 4 years, I have managed to spend every last bit of money I had on pot, just to help me FUNCTION. I ended up graduating summa cum laude with TONS of honors and all of these awards, but deep down I was struggling just to get by with this addiction.

Just a few days ago, I was applying for jobs as I just graduated and I am taking a year off before graduate school, so i need to find a full time job to make some money in the mean time. Most of the jobs I applied for require a clean drug test so i stopped smoking weed. (it's only been about 36-48 hours since the last time i smoked weed). I AM JUST ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE RIGHT NOW. I am in pain throughout my body. I can't sleep or eat AT ALL. I keep having all of this gastrointestinal upset. Either extremely painful diarehia or excessive and painful gas. I am also throwing up and just have an over all feeling of nausea and irritability.

I am well educated on illegal drugs and i realize there is controvery of the topic of marijuana and some believe it isn't physically addictive at all. I beg to differ. Your brain chemistry changes when you feed it substances constantly, it compensates for the changes accordingly. Alas, though. When you take those substances away, your brain is confused and doesn't know how to react, so goes completely out of whack.

I realize that I am lucky I didn't get addicted to herion or cocaine or even alcohol for that matter. But I would like to stress that I still believe 100% that I have a powerful addiction and that I am physically going through withdrawal symptoms and it is not pleasant at all. I am getting depressed and just want to use.

I am hoping that joining this forum will provide me with another, more healthy outlet and talking to fellow members of this site and getting your advice and insight could really help on my journey to sobriety. Please feel free to comment with thoughts, suggestions, advice, etc.. I COULD REALLY USE IT RIGHT NOW. :(

THANK YOU!

~Courtney

I'm going through the same thing. I'm a 27 yr old femle. I need a full time job and I have to quit. I get the worst headaches, dry heaving, puking. I have been taking vitamins and drink lots and lots of water. Good luck I know it sucks.

I am going through something almost identical to your situation. I am a 22 year old male. I have been smoking everyday for the past 5 years. Only health issue I have is IBS and marijuana has always helped that immensely. I just started grad school and have been looking for a part time job so I stopped smoking 4 days ago. There has been some anxiety and irritability but I'm managing that well enough, it's the gastrointestinal problems that have been debilitating. I have only had loose stools with mucus and painful gas, going to the bathroom almost 10 times a day. I have always been a strong minded person and I am basically ashamed to talk to my friends about it because some of them have quit smoking and have had no problem in doing so, almost makes me feel weak. I know this post is pretty old but since your situation is almost the same as mine I felt the need to respond. How has your progress been since you quit?

Hey there, I was a very heavy user of marijuana for several years and could not stop. When synthetic marijuana hit the streets I turned to that as an alternative to help me stop. (Bad idea i know) i became severely addicted to the habit of smoking bad and checked into a rehab. I thrived in the month I was there and was taking trazodone for sleep only( it can also be used as a anti-depressant) and a low does of klonopin for anxiety. I came back to the real world and was denied klonopin due to its addictive qualities and given busperine. Long story short i ended up getting hooked on marijuana again. Recently I went for more help and took a MMPI test and it turns out I have SEVERE depression and don't have addictive traits. I was self-medicating! I've been put back on an anti-depressant and Xanax and I have been thriving once again. Sorry for the long post thought it might help. Good luck!

I had to stop smoking about 2 days ago. I would usually smoke 3-4 bowls a day everyday Of the week. (little less than a year). I would definitely say i cannot function normally even if its just been 8 or so hours without. The anxiety comes first, then the throwing up. Im experiencing most of what you said. I havent been able to eat or sleep much at all since stopping. Last night i slept a total of 2 hrs and threw up at least 6 times throughout the night (Mostly water). So far today i havent thrown up but ive only been able to eat a few saltine crackers. I know that marijuana wds arent as bad as say heroin or coke, but this really f*****g sucks and is definitely real lol and it is really taking a physical toll on me.. most of what ive read says these symptons usually go away by 3-7 days, but there are some that say itll take monthS. My thoughts are so scrambled these days from all the smoking so i hope this post is making sense.

Anyway, this is a 9 month old post so i dont know if you will see this, but if by chance you do how did quitting go for you? how long did it take to feel your normal self again? I know wds are temporary, but still. Sometimes its nice to know someones exprience when you are feeling something similar. i really hope it went well for you, bc this truly sucks And i know now how you were feeling then. And goodluck to you and anyone else going thru this. :)