Hi there! I love to smoke weed. It makes me feel good, and see things in a funny way. Marijuana makes my world picture much better. Anyway, I also workout in a gym and I heard that marijuana can have some positive effects on weight lifting. Is there anybody who heard the same?

Hello! To tell you the truth, I have never heard of such thing and this world picture of yours that you have with marijuana, you do know it is a fake one, right? I was also smoking weed at high school, and it was really cool at the beginning but than it started to “trip” me. I wouldn’t feel comfortable any more and would even have panic attacks, and became noticeable to my friends. Not to mention memory loss. And lack of concentration that I am still experiencing and I do believe it is marijuana, because it all started after some time of smoking weed. I know for sure that marijuana will influence your work out in one way. You will start skipping your sessions, because it is always “better” to hang out with the crowd, and being high! Wouldn’t recommend it!!!!

contrary to the previous poster's beliefs i smoke and it has no effect on my attendance atthe gym. I addition I'd say it can help your lifting by making you more in tune to exactly how tired or not your muscles are. I will say however that it will hurt your cardio a little. So i guess it depends on what is more important muscle strenth or a drop in body fat.

ive smoked weed n gone gym i felt weaker an dont go ne more, i bunk lessons in scool to smoke it nd have memory loss alot, i chipped my tooth today on the way to buy some. all in all weed aint positive at all in the ways some people look at it but f**k it. its well gd im smokin while typin this, with busted lips coz i wacked my mouth today .but its gd at the moment. but if gyms important to u then just quit(well try)

I'm going to have to agree with the second person here...I'd write pretty much what he said, but I'd be quoting him. I had smoked pot from So. year of high school into the So. year of college...almost night and day...when I realized how much money i'd lost, I quit...

Later I also say myself being much more motivated imagine if you were even more motivated in your workout...

At 22, I'm glad I quit for several reasons besides the above...more girls...more and better sex...etc.

I still smoke occasionally (once a year or less) but I've seen alot of people around me who smoke quit most everything (college) in their life except video games and smoking pot...they're broke and very out of shape.

So quit wasting your money!

~Sean

So quit wasting your time and money!

~Sean

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with the second guy. I wonder why people always try to influence other people to be just like themselves. Silly non-smokers always trying to push their ways on the rest of us. Course, I think that we smokers are no better. Most of us think that everyone should at least try it, and if they don't like it, that's because they need to try it again. How humorous our human nature...

Anyways, I'll take MY "fake" world over YOUR "real" world any day, but what do I know, I'm just a pathetic stoner. You dorks.

Next time you feel like fixing some defenseless kid's problems, find out if there is one first.

Oh, and please get educated. Thanks.

jackasses....ive been smokin weed since i was 12 and im still playin sports and workin out....it all depends on the person...and what ure mentally about...if ure bout gettin blazed then workin out then do it...and keep up w/ it cuz if u dont then ure gonna fall off

does marijuana stunt your growth?

This is correct. I've been smoking weed for about 4 years and working out for the last year and a half. I've gained a stone of lean muscle with the help of creatine and a good diet. People tend to look at advice on a forum and use it the second they find a good quote, but it really depends on who you are, what body type you have and how dedicated you are to certain things in your life.

I agree that it depends on the person. You need to be a dedicated strong willed person to not let the negative effects of weed overpower the amazing posatives. I think if you start smoking at a younger age, you grow into your adult mindframe with the influence of weed, so when you are older and create responsibilities for yourself, you are far less likely to let something like weed effect them in a negative way. Blaming weed on people being lazy, out shape, or couch potatoes is silly. Some people make weed to be this intense mind altering drug that effects judgement, concentration, and motivation, when in actuality its just something to help you relax. Things like nicotene, caffine and alcohaul are much worse. People do what makes them happy, and some people are happy with that kind of lifestyle, and would be doing something similar even if they never had weed.

I posted here because I am intested in the effects marijuana has on working out and weight lifting. I would think it would be a good idea to smoke after a workout, to relax your muscles, but i dont know sh*t. Sometimes if i smoke before i lift or run i feel it gives me an extra boost. i think ingesting weed would make the boost even greater. One thing iknow for sure is that if i am working out and have one last mile to run or set to do, the fact that i have a nice joint at home waiting for me gives me that extra boost because i know i have something enjoyable to look forward to.

-rd

When youre weight training youre supposed to eat 5-6 meals per day, you can supplement 2 of them with protein shakes but some of us can pull off 5-6 meals per day with weed therefore weight training will probably increase muscle as you eat more (as long as youre not eating junkfood). And of course you have to stay on your gym schedule, dont start skipping any days, and dont be high at the gym (thats just dumb).. But for going up a weight class definatley smoke when youre not gonna be hitting the iron or work for a few hours to gain up on meals. Just my opinion on the original question, which everyone seems to have lost in this arguing.

yup weeds great for stress but all and all it will f--k your life up if you stop paying attention to what it does to you over time :-)

No, marijuana does not stunt your growth. Furthermore, I have been smoking marijuana since I was 13 years old, and I am 26 years old now.
I smoke daily, all day long, but I never smoke before going to school.

I will say first hand any laziness you experience from smoking marijuana is more in the head than anything. You CAN get up and do things, it's not like other drugs that wear your body out.

I workout daily, go to school, live my life better than I ever did before. It depends on how motivated you are as a person!!

Just because it's illegal does NOT make it wrong. There are far more positive aspects to marijuana (aside from smoking) than negative ones.

The crazy thing is, we see everyone preaching about how bad marijuana is, but we never see people preaching about alcohol. Why?? Simply because it's illegal