Hi im 14 and all of my symptoms have been rid in off as im a growing man and anxiety, I have been having a feeling that i cant breath and my heart pounding when this happens. I would check my pulse and it would sound normal. when i don't think about it it sorta go's away. when i take a deep breath or when i bend down my heart feels weird like it skipped a beat or beat twice? (that's not all the time though) ever since i was 8 i have felt these little attacks or episodes where my heart would like stop for a second and then just keep beating i hadn't really told anyone tell recently. i do have pain around my chest,left arm, and neck.But my parents say its just growing pains.i have also been feeling sorta dizzy or light headed but not enough to effect my walking or anything. and when I'm exercising my chest doesn't hurt or anything i don't know if that means anything but i thought I'd mention it. Thank you to anyone that answers!

You say it was written off as growing pains and anxiety. Was this by a doctor?
At first it sounded like anxiety until you got to the part about bending down. If you haven't been checked by a doctor I hope you can do it.

When I was your age I found I could experience all kinds of strange feelings about breathing including shortness of breath if I thought about breathing, but they would all go away if I found a distraction to let the automatic breathing take over.

Hi, this is to the 14 year old, while I do think its odd that you and I would be having the same symptoms, you being half my age, I do relate to what you posted. Everything sounds the same as what I have been experiencing, and I have went to the E.R. 3 times thinking I was having a heart attack, but all my ekgs, blood enzyme tests, and heart and oxygen monitors showed I was normal, with a slightly higher than normal pulse. (Normal beats per minute at rest are 60-100, mine will sometimes be 115 while relaxing.) I even went for a heart stress test, and it was normal. I have had a hard time believing there is nothing wrong with my heart, however, despite all the normal tests. I too, feel as though my heart skips a beat, and I feel better after exercise. Are you under any stress? According to several doctors I have seen, and lots of internet research, stress and anxiety induced symptoms are so similar to heart attack symptoms, how will we ever know the difference? If you have been to the doctor, or plan on going, ask them the benefits of daily aspirin therapy, and see if they can prescribe you a mild sedative. While I still think you are way too young to have heart problems, since you mentioned current episodes even when you were 8, I recommend asking your parents/Doctor if you were born with a heart murmur, or see about getting evaluated for one. And I highly stress this-with these symptoms you describe, PLEASE don't smoke or drink, ever, if you do have any heart issues or even anxiety, for it will greatly make things worse. Maybe they can send you home with a Holter Monitor, and you can record when you feel the skipped beats. Hope this helps.