:-( :-( i have a unusural question. for starters i have always experianced heart palpatations. ive grown to live with them. the problem now is. ive been having problems with feeling sick on and off in upper stomache and a feeling like heart palpatations in upper abdoman also. makes me feel like im going to pass out. anyone familer with this. please let me know. thank you.

Do you have any problems with acid reflux ? I have developed the same problems with palpitations,the feeling in the upper stomach and such. My Dr thinks that it could be from Spasm's in the esophagus causing the palpitations.

Guest wrote:

:( This sounds like the same thing that im having too think it has to do with the acid reflux thing which actually is a lack of acid in stomach apple cider vinegar helps a teaspoon in a little water...every morning . Thinking bc pill could be triggering it too.

I have had skipped beats for many years. The doctors say "don't worry about it". I do worry about it because it scares me and it's uncomfortable. Plus it also makes me feeling like i'm going to faint. It most often happens when I have a feeling of fullness, like a small balloon just to the right of center of the upper abdomen just an inch or two from the bottom of my ribs. When this happens i can get some relief by pressing up and down on the area. that sometimes releases trapped stomach gas.

I too have had this and it happens more and more after I eat. You guys are right on about the esophagus. My brother's dr. said that there is a nerve in there at the lower part of the esophagus, right near the stomach area that gets irritated and it causes this. Having it happen mostly after eating or drinking a lot and getting really full or having reflux issues is it. That's why it doesn't happen often in the morning. Mine used to happen if I laid in bed on my left side. The heart is on that side and that nerve triggers it. I hope this helps. I'm gonna stop worrying about this. You know, my father had the same thing, all his life. He never had a heart attack or fainted and he didn't die from it...cancer killed him at 71.

I have this as well and it's very annoying. I find that it happens after I eat or drink, or lay on my left side (same as others who have posted). Although lately it happens no matter which side I lay on. It also happens when I'm getting close to my period. I've had some heart tests and everything is fine. Other than apple cider with vinegar, is there anything else to relieve this?

FOR HEART SKIPS AND REFLUX TRY THIS THAT TOOK MINE AWAY.IT WAS A HIATAL HERNIA PRESS DOWN ON THE MIDDLE STOMACH WERE YOUR STOMACH STARTS BETWEEN YOUR RIB CAGE .PRESS DOWNWARD WITH YOUR FINGER AND HANDS VERY HARD EVERYDAY FOR 3 DAYS ALSO YOU CAN GO TO GOOGLE AND SEARCH FOR HIATAL HERNIA MASSAGE OR CHIROPRACTOR YOU CAN ASK SOME TREAT THIS AND DO THIS ALSO.YOUR HIATAL HERNIA IS MAKING YOU GET THESE HEART SKIPS .I KNOW I WENT CRAZY LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER AFTER ALL THE TEST.WELL THIS IS IT TRY IT AND PASS THE WORD.
GOD BLESS

I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia 10 years ago. This year I started meds for High blood pressure. Started having skipped heart beats (PVC's) after that. Dr says a few PVC's are nothing to worry about. But I sometimes have quite a few and I have a feeling these are related to my hiatal hernia acting up in some way. Sometimes if I drink cold water the PVC's will stop temporarily. Cold water has always helped my acid reflux from my hiatal hernia. Has anyone been told that these are definitely related and if so how does it happen?

long time reader, first time commenting...

I too have experienced all the same symptoms - doc says not to worry. for whatever reason they come and go. I also have been diagnosed with GERD.

There are two things you need to do to 'heal thyself'.
1) Heal your esophagus 2) Correct the stomach's chemical environment.
It is all about your Acid/Alkaline balance.
for a good remedy - first check out your PH level - you can find this at any whole foods - the PH test will tell you your bloods PH level. A normal level is 7.365 on a scale of 0 to 14, 0 being pure acid and 14 being pure alkaline - anything on either side would mean severe disease or death.

RELAX...

Being the intelligent beings we are, our bodies will do anything to bring this back into balance, inlucding robbing other parts of the body of alkaline reserves in the form of minerals and nutrients such as calcium from bones and so on...wonder why seniors break hips so often? the hip is the first place that our bodies take calcium from if we're imbalanced for a lifetime.

Bottom line is that you've got to get your system into a perfect balance. 3 reasons why ur body goes into an acidic state 1) food imput 2) emotional input 3) Physical activity

test your ph levels if you're too acidic - cut out the coffee and booze, all sugars, no smoking and no deep fried foods - basically everything that is killing america, for two weeks, and any other acidic foods (google it) - and eat a lot of salad and salmon, and start a high intensity interval cardio excercise - drop weight, get lean. (google Body for Life cardio workout - long distance running is dead - its all about short spurts with short recovery times up to 12-20 mins total workout). furthermore, the 2 tbls spoons of apple cider vinegar is correct, but add a half a teaspoon of baking powder to the half glass of water too ( do this for 2 weeks max) - then ACD/BS once a day or every other.

as for emotional state of mind - ask God for direction - and try deep breathing excercises. 4 seconds breath in - hold for 16 seconds - let out for 8 seconds (10x)

I just wanted to tell all of you that may be terrified like I was, that pvc's are normal to an extent. I had frequent episodes, 5-6 times daily. Turned out to be too much CAFFINE I stoped all intake for 9 days now, and no pvc.

There is another possible cause for the heartbeat at the top of your stomach area, and you should check it out because it's potentially life-threatening. I also have palpitations (STV's) and can feel them in the area right below my breastbone. This where the aorta is located, and what I am feeling is the beat in that large blood vessel. I have had this for years, so in my case it is not anything to worry about, but if this is new for you, it could mean that you are developing an aortal aneurysm. This is a swelling in an area of the aorta, which can rupture if it gets too large. The test is an ultrasound, which is painless and not invasive. Please get it checked out.

Mine turned out ot be too much aspartame which also can cause many other symptoms. From all the sugar free drinks and foods i was having. So much for trying to be healthy! they quit within just a few days after cutting out aspartame, although its said it takes 60days to get it completely out of your system.

You will get PVC's when your sliding hiatal hernia slides through your diaphram and it causes your heart to change its axis briefly.The reason they feel strong is because of the hernia. Any doctor that tells you that hiatal hernia's are asymptomatic you need to change doctors.

I have had this for one year already and it is very disturbing. I also thought it was my upper stomach spazing until a nurse watched my pulse and told me it was my heart skipping. It always feels like it's racing too. The only thing ever found was that my gallbladder is only working 10%, no gallstones. They found out through a HIDA scan and recommend taking the gallbladder out if it's under 35%.
I have also have pain in my right hip/side and lower back. Feeling of a lump under my right rib, crazy bloating after eating. I've had blurry vision, dizziness, near-fainting, migraines, ear ringing, nausea and tanned looking itchy skin with psoriasis like rash. I lost 40 lbs in 4 months. After all these horrible symptoms and intensive bloodwork, ultrasound, CT scans and MRIs - only thing ever found wrong was the HIDA scan. I was even treated for H.Pylori - just in case. I am better than 1 year ago (this is how long it took to find anything out) and debating on having the gallbladder since I am slightly better. Can a gallbladder get better on its own? If I did not discard a few doctors along the way - I would still be in the dark about this. I think it' diseased and most likely poisoning and inflamming my body. If it doesn't go away soon I am scheduling surgery. . .

Guest wrote:

OMG, you sound exactly like me. I have freakn suffered for years and I went to the dr and they tries to put me on Prozac, said it was my nerves. Yeah!