im 40 yrs. old.I have SVT. My heart flutters q day. When I bend over it flutters. Sometimes when I beltch it will flutter. Its really weird. I take coreg 6.25mg 2x a day. I feel like i can drop dead from this. Can any one help me understand this? :'(

I HAVE SVT ALSO.

I HAVE SVT ALSO. THE THINGS THAT HELPED ME NUMBER ONE PRAYER TO THE LORD AND TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM SUGAR AND CHOCOLATE. ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT MAYBE ANOTHER MEDICINE AND TELL HIM ABOUT YOUR SYMPTOMS. PLEASE TRY THESE OTHERS THINGS TOO. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU. I HAVE HAD MANY SCARY EPISODES. I TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM ALOT OF JUICE, I DRINK IT IN MODERATION, I DON'T KNOW YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES I ONLY TELL YOU MINE. ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING THESE THINGS. TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING

hi i'm 27 years old and also have svt. my svt episodes seem to be triggered when i have digestion problems. i've also felt alot skipped beats recently too, they seem to happen more when i lay on my back or when i bend down. does anyone alse suffer with anything similar?

I have had a lot of experience with SVTs - 30 years or more. Yes, bending over can start them. There are a few things you can do to stop them - Valsalva maneuver (bearing down - on internet), splashing very cold water on your face (seal dive reflex) and someone else had relief by lying back and elevating her feet and legs (didn't work for me though). The beta blockers, like Inderal or Atenolol seem to be better drugs for controlling it. I didn't have much luck with coreg controlling the flutter and skipped beats. I finally had an ablation about 3 years ago - it stopped the SVT's (hooray!) but I still have skipped beats and that feeling like it's going to start into an SVT (I'm sure you know that feeling), but it never takes off. Find a good Internist who focues on heart issues or a Cardiologist who specializes in arrythmias - called Electrophysiologists. Others just don't know enough about it or don't really care since they think "It won't kill you anyway." It does dramatically impact your life - doesn't it? So find someone who cares.

I had SVT since age 11. I complained about them but was never able to prove my symptoms at the emergency room. I was told I had anxiety. When I was 23 I got pregnant with my son. The day of conception my heart went crazy. I ended up in the hospital numerous times. It would not be controlled by meds or anything. I believe my highest heart rate was 340 beats per min. Anyways, after the birth I emediately had an ablasion. The first one did'nt work so a month later I had another. I am now 35 years old and it's back. When I was younger I delt with the symptoms really well. Now it hurts. They dont last long but they really knock the wind out of me. Did anyone have a reoccurance after treatment?

What is SVT????

Anyone have any insight on the above? Thanks

Get your thyroid checked.

What is SVT, because I'm having some of the same problems

I got it too! Since I was 9, I think. When I lay on my back, it starts to happen. When I walk, I get dizzy & want to fall over. When I bend down, I get it. For me, to cure it I would lay on my back. If you don't understand, look here:
Cause: 1) Bending down 2) Laying on my back
Solution: 1) Laying on my back 2) Curling up in one spot for 10-15 minutes or more (might not work)
I just hate it. Makes me feel all dizzy & feel like I want to stop..

I was diagnosed with SVT too at the age of 27 and had an ablation. It's been almost 5 years and i haven't had an attack, but everytime i feel my heart flutter, it feels like it could go into an attack. it's so scary! I instantly think 'how am i going to get help and manage this with all 3 kids with me?' i don't want to scare them. it seemed as though the triggers were/are changes in blood pressure (lying down too quickly, getting up too quickly, bending over, straining), stress and hormone fluctuations. my electrocardiologist told me that hormones are a large trigger-as i had noticed when i was pregnant/nursing/weaning. he said that women experience it at puberty, pregnancy and menopause and the longer you leave to treat it with an ablation, the harder it will be to fix it.

I hope this reply gives some info to those who need some reassurance I just had a fluttering about an hour ago while walking the kids to school-had to stop and sit on someone's lawn with the kids wondering what was wrong. so, coming here has helped me calm down.

This is making me tear up. I'm 27 years old and for years now I've been going to the emergency room thinking I am dying, spending nights in pain, and freaking out at work. From what I've read hear there is no doubt in my mind that all this time I've had SVTs and not panic attacks or depression like everyone wants to tell me. I have been having problems really bad lately. 20 minutes ago I went to the fridge to get out some milk for my daughter. When I bent over it was like my heart spiked a beat. When I stood up you could see my shirt moving from how fast my heart was pounding. I put a cold rag on my face and passed around taking deep breaths then curled into a ball gripping my chest for 10-15 minutes till the pain went away. It's always like that pretty much. It hurts so bad and when it happens everyone just acts like I'm insane or playing it up more than it is. I wore a heart monitor once but only for 24 hours and it never even happened that day. My doctor won't even refer me to anyone. He gave me Xanax, which incidentally helped it not be as bad, but I'd still have occurrences. What can anyone tell me about treatments, surgery, or doctors that can be seen for this? Does anyone happen to be from Indiana? If so tell me a doctor's name. I can't go on like this. It's more and more frequent lately. Does stress make it worse? Can it be fatal?

I am now 44 yrs old, male and have SVT, PVC whatever they want to call them and it drives me crazy. For me, my trigger is the stomach. I can go 10-14 days with no episodes but if I eat the wrong thing, (sugar, chocolate, any junk food) and my flutters and SVT's start again and last for a week or two until my stomach calms down. I take toprolal and it stops the racing but not the palpitations. The worst thing about it is, that even though I have assurances from my doctors I will not drop dead, I cant overcome the feeling that it might happen. This has put a huge dent in my activities because they sometimes happen when I am reaching for a tennis ball or hockey puck and then it doesnt stop.

I have started taking a multiple B vitamin and it has helped with the SVTs, but not the palpitations(flutters) or heavy heartbeat. I have also started Rolfing message and it to has helped the duration of the episodes.

The frustrating part of course is when you tell your cardiologists that you think its linked to your stomach he sends you to a Gastro doctor and when you tell him your heart flutters he sends you back to the cardio doc. I have been going around and around with this for 20 years, but the last 3 years its been getting worse.

I thought I was going crazy for years, and then finally my SVT wouldn't stop one day and it sent me to to ER. The worst part is, my uncle is a cardiologist. People thought I was going crazy. In the ER I started screaming, "Does anyone believe me now?" What most of you need is a heart ablation and an electrophysiologist. I found mine at UCLA. I still get flutters, and my heart acts up. Some people need to get more than one ablation, but your heart does not do this because of stress,etc.

Jen

For those who believe that they have an SVT or similar cardiac issue, but who have been dismissed by others as merely having anxiety or high stress, this is what I recommend: go to your primary care physician and request a 24-48 hour Holter monitor.

An EKG measures the electrical activity in your heart, but it's just an instant in time; if you're not experiencing a palpitation at the moment you are measured, you will almost certainly appear to have normal cardiac rhythm and be dismissed. That's why I recommend getting a Holter monitor. It's like an EKG, but all day long. You can't shower while wearing it, which is inconvenient, but the information you may glean from this test is invaluable.

Remember that most palpitations, SVTs, PAC, etc are harmless and not life threatening. Even so, it is best to get them checked out, especially if you are dealing with anxiety attacks as a result. I lived with massive anxiety attacks for years, and every EKG test I had was normal, until I got a Holter monitor and discovered I had a rare arrhythmia known as ectopic atrial tachycardia- harmless and it required no treatment.

Get plenty of rest, drink coffee in moderation and only in the morning, stay well hydrated, try to reduce stress as best as you can, and you should be able to prevent most anxiety attacks. Consider ablation or blockers, but weigh them against your own ability to reduce symptoms.

Knowledge is power, demand to know more about your heart!