I had a tubaligation in 2001. I have been to the doctor and he told me that I had 5% chance of getting pregant. That was several years ago. I am starting to wonder if the percentages increase every year.
So is there a bigger chance of me getting pregant as of today? Me and my husband have recently been talking about it because we have had two disabled children back to back. The last one had Down Syndrome and Dandy Walker, and our other has Hydrocephlis. So you see why I am concerned.
When I had it done the docto had me sign I form stating that it was a permant form of birth control and he tod us that I would have no possible way of getting pregant again. And then he changed it when I went into the office for me cycle being to mess up two years later.

I don't think that the percentage of getting pregnant is quite as high as you think it is. My understanding is that a tubal ligation is actually a 0.5% chance of getting pregnant. Is that what you recall your doctor saying now or was it truly 5%? In either case, it is true that the more sexual intercourse that you have, the more you run the risk of getting pregnant--but you have one of the most effective methods of birth control out there. I would be surprised if you could get pregnant. If you are concerned, maybe you could start using condoms? Keep us posted.