I am 32 years old and I have 1 child and for awhile i have been trying to get another and i have not been able to conceive ...I should start by telling you that i have been on yasmin for 9 years and i stop taking them for awhile to get pregnant but nothing happened so because of not taking the yasmin my period became off balance and i was put back on them by my doctor. i also had a surgery couple years ago called an umbilical hernia, can this be the cause why i am unable to have another child ? I would like to have another child before I am 40 what should I do ? thanks

Hey Jam,

You COULD have excess scar tissue from your procedure you had which could cause symptoms of infertility, meaning the sperm might have a small area to travel through without much success.

Have you talked to a gyno about being able to conceive?  You could try a fertility clinic and get on some medications that up your chances of conceiving but I have no idea the cost, remember it could be your husband/partner as well, good idea for both to get checked.

Being on birth control for so long it is expected to have an unbalance after this period.  Your body needs a time period to adjust naturally without these pills.

Hope this helps and good luck

thanks for the information I will make an appointment to see my gyno

Let me know how it all goes and what he/she has to say. Thanks for getting back so soon!