I had a tubaligation over 10 years ago and became pregnant. Test were negative and ultrasound showed nothing. After becoming nauseated and frequently urinating after a couple of weeks I went to an Internal Medicine Dr and had extensive blood work done. Knowing I could not possibly be pregnant. Well, only time revealed. What is the medical reasoning for negative test. A true miracle is what I call it.

i want to get pregnant again and my tubes are tied does weight lost have anything to do with it?

No, the only thing you can do is to have a tubal reversal surgery. Even then though, there is still not a huge chance of even becoming pregnant.

Diamonique.....could you elaborate on your pregnancy after your tubal? why did the test show negative? and how did you realize you might be pregnant?

ambra

I'm curious how it could happen. Tubes coming untied on their own? I've heard the stories from women and the medical professionals immediate doubts. I had mine tied 2 1/2 years ago after my 4th miscarriage and 4 healthy, wonderful kids too. Now, I am having red flag signs of a miscarriage again and I am really freaking out! Especially since I just gave "Daddy" the boot so to speak! EEK! I have a million questions flying through my head and no one that can actually answer them!

ambra

The test may have shown negative because it was still very early, and even a blood pregnancy test can be taken too early.

Pregnancies after a tubal ligation are just as healthy as pregnancies in unsterilized women, as long as your uterus is healthy, you are all set.

Sometimes eggs can make it through, nothing is 100%

Can you still come out pregnant even if your tubes were cut and burned?

I'm wondering the same thing. My period is ten days late. I had my tubes cut and burned about 4 years ago after my last child. So could someone please answer this question? Tomorrow I'm going to the doctor to get a pragnancy test.

YES, even with cut and burned tubal ligation.

I work in an office which provides abortion and other womens services, we do have women who have had cut and burn tubals become pregnant.

I had a lady bring in her doctors notes just to prove that she had a tubal, she felt like we would judge her, which is never the case.

IF you are late, definately take a pregnancy test.

Is it possible to get pregnant after 40 and having a tubiligation? I have not had any menopause symptoms and have missed my last period and about to miss another. I'm concerned because I took a hp test and it came up neg but my breasts are feeling fuller, but not sore. HELP! I need some answers.

I am in a similar situation. My youngest of 5 children is 15 years old. I had my tubes tied the day after she was born. Since then I haven't had any pregnancy scares until now. I have been experiencing morning sickness and haven't had my cycle this month. I am 42 years old and in a monogamous relationship with a much younger man. I'm really not looking forward to the whole pregnancy and labor. I'm in a new phase of life where I'm looking forward to grandchildren. I am going to buy a home pregnancy test this weekend. :$

hello

I have a question can you still get pregnant after havin tubaligation cut and burnt? I had mine done in 1990 my g/f said u can still get pregnant I said ur crazy.. this is suppose to be 100% not to get pregnant anymore.
I recntly went to doc and had ultrsound/trans vaginal done they said that the muscle in my uterus was swollen what does that mean? I am 43 I know that I cant get pregnant at my age and havin my tubes cut and burnt with the tubaligation done my youngest is 17

I had my tubes tied through my navel 9 years ago and I am having symptoms of being pregnant. My period came on for 3 days and spotted for 2 days. I have been feeling fatigued for the last 2 weeks, frequent urination and lower back pain. I took 2 pregnancy test and both where negative. My body feels like I am pregnant and I don't know what to do. Can some one help me?

I have missed two periods so far.I thought maybe it was due to the stress of getting married a week ago, and all i had to do before the wedding. My husband is in the Army, and is on deployment now.I am 41 years old, 6 grandkids, and 3 grown children. I have not had any menopause symptoms, and my periods were always on time.I have not been ill in the morning, but can't seem to get enough sleep.I am always tired.In fact i have gotten the huge appitite, and can't stop gaining weight.This would not be a good thing because my husband and i have 6 kids from separet marriages.Although it would not be so bad at least I have good insurance.Can someone tell me the stats on this happening. I had my tubualigation in 1989 when my son was born., but they were not cut ,burned and tied.They were just tied.I have researched this some, and read somewhere that the way I had mine it is not performed anymore due to the failures of the procedures.

I have been looking for hours on the net to find out information on the subject (Can you get prego after a tubal?). All I have been finding is things about women regreting having it and wanting a reversal. I am NOT one of those women. I have been prego every other year around this time. I received my tubal right after the birth of my youngest son. I am now in that year and months that I would usually be prego. I dont know if my body is freaking out bc it is not prego or if I really am prego. I am 3 weeks late and having some weird cravings etc. Anyways what I have found is that 7/1000 women get prego after a tubal. The majority of them being epitopic.

**edited by moderator**