On top of being 20 and weighing 95lbs, I have hyperthyroidism and I just recently found out I was born with "Unilateral Renal Agenesis" OR Solitary Kidney, which means I can't have sodium and I have to limit protein.

I'm also shrinking!! I was 5ft 5in 6 months ago and I'm 5ft 3in now! How did that happen?? My BMI is 15.8. How can I gain weight while having Hyperthyroidism and Solitary Kidney??

Hi:
I had a hypothyroid condition. Your medicine can cure that problem. If you haven't already, you should see an Endocrinologist so that you can be treated immediately. The hypothyroidism is likely contributing to your weight loss and it can cause other health problems. You can also Google "Food Pyramid" and see what your daily caloric intake needs to be. You should increase you caloric intake with some of the healthier choices. You can also eat about two tablespoons of peanut butter each day. It has a lot of calories and is not so bad for you. I hope that you will continue to get good medical care and that you will find a healthy way to gain weight. Please let us know how you are doing.