YES THIS IS BARBARA. I HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEM GAINING WEIGHT FOR ABOUT THREE YEARS. WHEN I GO TO THE DOCTOR THEY ALL JUST SKIP WHAT IM TELLING THEM ABOUT MY WEIGHT TO RUN HIV TESTES AND WHEN IT COMES BACK NEGATIVE THEY STILL DONT TELL ME WHY IM NOT GAIN I NEED HELP SO PLEASE HELP ME

Hello Barbara,

Some people have trouble gaining weight while others look at food and gain weight.  If you know what I mean.  You may not be gaining weight because you are eating the wrong foods.  Chances are you're not eating enough either.  If you're not used to eating a lot you might try a shake that contains protein, fats and sugar in fairly high proportions.  There are a number of them on the market and are available at discount stores.  Add this to you daily menu.  Perhaps in the morning for breakfast.   Have another one with lunch.  You need to bring in more calories than you are burning to gain weight.  Something must have gone awry with you metabolism.  Have your doctors checked for hyperthyroidism?  Anyway, try the shake and boost your caloric intake and see if that makes a difference.  Good Luck!