hi, i am 23 yrs old n weighing 38- 40 kilos i am jus wondering if that is normal and need tips on how to gain a lil bit more weight because to me it does'nt seem and feel normal it depresses me coz i have nothing to wear. I cant find sizes, everything looks big on me even a size 26 of jeans and in Johannesburg they dont have a 24.....
Pls help :-(

I understand how you feel – I lost almost 50 pounds after I had stomach surgery and problems and now that everything is ok, it’s turning out to be tough to gain at least some weight. You didn’t mention how tall you are. But what you don’t want to do is to just start eating all the food you know that will make you fat like fatty, fried food and sugary drinks. You still need a healthy, balanced diet, but you need to take more calories than you spend during the day in order to start gaining weight. And it all depends on how active you are during the day.

the best way to reduce fat is you have to carefull about your diet.fat is arguably the biggest reason people work out and try to lose weight. People hate how they look and feel when they're dealing with fat around their bellies, and many strive for "six-pack" abs. reducing stomach fat isn't something that can be done simply with crunches, though. You must work hard in several ways to burn off the fat and keep it off.

well its a major problem for everyone.millions of people having this problem and they trying to get rod of this.for this they often go to gym and doing workout there just because of losing belly fat.i also do the same thing.so i suggest you to do excercise and reduce your stomach fat and be safe from diseases.

stephenherek, davidlisle please, would you two be so kind as to read at least the title of the discussion you are posting in?

Here it is again>
weighing 38- 40 kilos, wondering if that is normal

That means the person s wondering if he/she is too thin, and you two are going about losing belly fat. Please, re-focus your attention.

Hey Mosa if u want to gain weight eat more than 8700kl daily because the average is 8700 kl dail

I can see this topic is an old one but if anyone wants to calculate their correct weight you need to take onto account their height,  as one person weighing 60kg being say 5 ft tall is going to look a lot healthier than someone who is 6ft tall  You can search a 'BMI'  chart online and add your weight and height to see were your at

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm

The recommended daily calorie intake for a man is 2500 daily and a female 2000 daily (adults)  If you feel you are slightly over.underweight perhaps try a 500 calorie increase/decrease.  If there are other reasons your weight is not fairly within ranges or reducing/increasing your intake is an issue you can speak to someone to try and work through what the issues are