i am 13 years old and i weigh around 83 pounds. People always tell me i have eating disorders and ask how much skinnier are u gonna get? or why dont u try eating. I EAT LIKE A PIG! i eat more than any of my friends and they will tell you that. I just want a body that im proud of and i want people to stop cracking jokes! help!! how can i gain weight before i go back 2 school!!

How tall are you and what sex are you? Have you started puberty?

I think you'll be putting on weight pretty soon. Yes, there are some medical conditions that can cause you not to put on weight. When was your last physical?

Get back to us and we can offer more.

I am a 25 yr old male. I have been 6'3" 150 (145-155 it varies sometimes but usually 150) since I was a freshman in high school. Medical Professionals/etc. have always told me they think I will start gaining weight at 18; 20; 22; etc... All the males in my family, including my three older brothers were all tall and skinny until they were about 19-21, then they all plumped up to over 200lbs. I have had many physicals over the years, all of which determined I was completely healthy. However, I have had dark circles under my eyes for as as long as I can remember no matter how much or how little sleep i get. I have also always had weak lungs(pneumonia 3 times as an infant and twice as an adult, and asthma since 13). Just like the poster above, I have always eaten like a horse, I don't measure calories anymore, but I have in the past and I would guess I average 4-8 thousand calories per day. I have also tried consuming mass amounts of supplements and protein shakes, and mass amounts of exercise. My body seems to respond very quickly to exercise, however the muscle that I build is extremely lean, and I dont gain any weight. I had my body fat % tested once via caliber method, and it was 5%, and they told me less than 6% is deadly. They market is SATURATED with ways to lose weight, but there is NO help for people who need to gain weight! I would really like to gain 20-50 pounds, can anyone help?

Do your physicals include any blood work? I'm curious as to your thyroid level, amongst others.

I'd suggest you visit an endocrinologist. They work with disorders of metabolism and may help you out. I'm not suggesting that there is a problem, I just think it would be a good place to start.

Wish I had more for you. Please keep us posted.

Good luck.