Im a young guy and recently had sexual intercourse. During it I felt a tiny pop feeling and pulled out there was a fair bit of blood around my penis. The next day I noticed that there was a tear on my frenulum, not fully torn but just like a chunk missing from it. It has been a few days now and im not really sure if its healing up or not. There is this hard lump on the bottom of my frenulum, it is not big but just quite solid and I would like to get rid of it. I have tried icing it, soaking it. Will my frenulum heal and how do I get rid of this lump? Any advice would be appreciated

Hi Guy,

Your frenulum will heal but whether or not it heals like it was we can't say.  If it tore it was likely "short".  When it broke it allowed your foreskin to move more.  It may heal and give you more length. 

The lump is normal as it heals, give it some time.  You don't need ice.  It just needs to heal.

Unfortunately we can't say for sure how it will ultimately heal and it may tear again.  You could check with your doctor or a urologist - it would need to be examined.

Good luck.

Thanks medic-dan for the reply,

Is there anything you could suggest I could do myself to help it heal? Like apply Vaseline to it daily or? How long do you think it would be until it is healed and the lump disappears?

Just like any wound Guy it will take time to heal. It's no different than any other wound. It swells because your body sends extra blood to the site to help nourish it and heal it.

As to how long, can't say. It depends upon the wound and everyone is different.

Also, depending upon the injury it may heal with a lump. In that case you'll have to see your doctor or urologist. Not all breaks are "clean."

It sounds as though you have torn your frenulum, which is not uncommon.

The frenulum serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition.