Only lately i discovered that when an uncircumcised penis gets an erection, the foreskin is supposed to retract fully behind the glans (or bellend), and that it is retracted after by the frenulum (banjo string). Anyway, i myself am not circumcised but never realised until now that the foreskin is supposed to retract fully behind the glans. I previously thought that only males who were circumcised could retract their foreskin like this. During sex it can be quite painful and i have to ensure that it doesnt get pulled back too far as it stings like hell, and as i have found out can possibly snap (the frenulum). I've been researching on the net and found alot of different views and possible solutions for the problem. Surgically frenuloplasty was recommended, however even reading this makes me cross my legs tightly and wince!

Basically, to SUM UP my question. Im wondering if there are any exercises i can perform to lengthen my frenulum as its way shorter than what it should be? As regards my foreskin, i am able to retract it about half way back my bellend, but i think it would be fine if my frenulum was longer. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated as i don't want to ask my peers or folks about it, as it is a sensitive and personal matter. Thanks.

Can you retract your foreskin when soft? It is important to be able to do this to keep the penis clean. You can practice retracting your foreskin over a period of time (best in the bath or shower), and it will eventually retract fully without any problems. In the meantime, if you are having sex, try putting the condom on when your foreskin is forward, and the condom will stop the foreskin from being retracted during sex. Good luck. John

well my snaped and i dp not wat to do do i go get sniped or wat

I have the exact same problem... the frenulm stings like hell... 2 frenuloplasty operatiosn supposed to release the Frenulum didn't help as nothing changed once I was healed up.. I am trying to see if there is a ay to completely remove the frenulum w/o loosing rest of the Foreskin

I'm not sure how old you are, (I assume your no older than 18) then you should practice pulling your foreskin back. You should to be able to pull it back fully after a little bit. You don't know for sure if your frenelum is "way shorter than it's supposed to be", maybe you just to exercise your penis. (Yeah, I mean lift weights with it. Ha-ha.) :-P XD

Males who are circumcised don't have a foreskin to retract. Their glans penis is permanently exposed and unprotected.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have a short frenulum.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is not necessary to treat this condition.

To all you guys who wrote in about Frenulum Breve; there is no DEFINITIVE ANSWER.  The easiest answer to some of you is: if it ain't broke don't fix it...... i.e. if you aren't having any pain during sex (solo or with a partner) and you're not noticing any other problems that seem to be a result of your Frenulum, then relax and enjoy your sex life.

Second Answer: If you have some discomfort, you should go see a Urologist........ NOT YOUR FAMILY DOCTOR (unless he specializes in Human Sexuality).  This intermediate answer could simply require a cortisone cream together with some gentle exercises, OR something else still short of surgery.  So the intermediate answer is, if you have a problem that's not unbearable, see a specialist (Urologist) for his advice.

Thirdly: You still go to see a specialist (Urologist) to discuss the high level of discomfort when you get a full erection or during intercourse.  It's pretty much the same as the second answer, but if you're really hurting as a result of erections, the doctor may very well tell you that you need the relatively simple and virtually painless surgery to relieve the problem entirely.

Guys, sex is one of the best rewards of being a human male.  If it hurts when you have sex, you're removing one of the most satisfying and joyful experiences of a man's life.  So, make sure you find an ACE of a Urologist, who does dozens of these procedures a month, and thus he really knows what he's doing.  By all means before you agree to surgery, IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS, ask the doctor for a referral of someone who has had the surgery done and will talk to you about it.  YES, I KNOW THIS VIOLATES PRIVILEGE, BUT ALL THE DOCTOR NEEDS TO DO IS CALL A FEW OF HIS PATIENTS UNTIL HE FINDS ONE WHO IS WILLING TO CHAT WITH YOU.  As a therapist I do this all the time.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU.  BY ALL MEANS FIND THE ANSWER THAT BEST FITS YOUR PROBLEM AND SOLVE IT ONCE AND FOR ALL.  SEX IS FAR TOO MUCH FUUUUUNNNNNN TO SUFFER THE PAIN INSTEAD OF THE WHOOP-DE-D00

i had the same problem. i made it to 29years old before i went and got it sorted. sex can be hit and miss when you have this problem. on my last experience before the operation  i lost erections countless time because of the pain. it was a disaster that ended that relationship. that made me go to the gp, who sent me to a urologist, who explained my options. he would have prefered a full circumcision but i insisted on a frenulum realise. following week i went to hospital as an outpatient. i, like everybody else was dreading this op but the will to get it done made things very calm. i have to say that my experience of the op was completely painless as was the following 3 weeks it took to heal. was given 3 sets two tablets when i left hospital, 2 of which were painkillers that i never needed. didn't even need to take time from work which i thought i would. for anybody experiencing this problem i would say get it sorted now. it really bothered me for ages so it had to be done. 

Hi ,
I think I am in the same situation and wanted to know if in your case you experienced PE before surgery? Was there an improvement in PE after surgery?