I just noticed that some multivitamins advertise as not containing iron. How do you determine if you need one with iron or without?

You have to stay away from those vitamins, they are synthetic !! eat your normal food !

iron can negatively effect your bowel movements 8-| . So, I personally would choose a multi w/out iron and take a food based iron supplement (tends to be more gentle on your bowels). However, if you feel you get plenty of iron in your diet (red meat, greens, beans, nuts etc.) then don't worry about it.

Everybody reacts differently to supplemental iron. The last poster is right, it can make you constipated, and some women can get nauseous from it as well.

If you are low on iron, the first signs typically are fatigue and dizziness. If you're eating iron-containing foods you're probably ok. Iron is great to have on hand for women who are menstruating though, which can deplete your iron stores rapidly.

And do make sure your supplements are natural, as well. Cheap synthetics (grocery-grade vitamins or One A Days/Centrums) are pretty close to useless.

Iron supports various aspects of the immune system and is important in a wide range of biological processes. A healthy diet with adequate amounts of folic acid may reduce a woman's risk of having a child with brain or spinal-cord defects.

I have been using the Nutrilite Tri-Iron Folic; it is made from organic ingredients and is very effective and has no side effects.
You can get the Nutrilite Tri-Iron Folic from the

I agree with the response about iron effecting your bowels, also synthetic vitamins do more harm than good. We must seek out nutrition in the desperate times of overproduction of our foods. Gas sprayed fruits, colored apples, green tomatoes. We can eat healthy so we think but in order to do so we MUST eat local stop eating food from other countries.

Did you know that we ship raw chicken oversea they cook it and send it back to the USA for us to eat. How can that be healthy?? 8-|

I am a natural wellness consultant trying to educated and share my knowledge with everyone. please feel free to ask me questions at anytime. ;-)

We must eat and supplement to keep our bodies chemical free I am not saying stop eating that Twinkie it will kill you but have you noticed if you do stop eating those Twinkies how much better you feel???

Eat well live well stay well. READ ALL YOUR LABELS LOOK FOR PURE HERBS .. and on a side note check out here for pure herbs and get money back

Remember I am always available to answer your questions free of charge and help you if i can.. Thanks for reading and Health and Happiness to you all

If I dont take 25mg of iron at least every other day, I Cant Have any bowl movements. as in I Might go 1 or 2 times in an entire Month if I dont take Iron. I will also Crave straight RAW meat obviously for the iron in the blood.

Ive yet to talk to anyone having an issue like mine...

I stopped taking iron for 3 or more months, and I paid for it too. with pain, massive sweating, hallucinating my hands were turning yellow, and almost passing out on the potty today. I dont think I will stop taking iron again... this on day 4 of using it again. Like-wise its like speed for me,(Ive never used drugs but dont know how else to convey the response) making me stay awake better and feel better, but also preventing me from taking naps at all. which ends up making me feel crappy.

if I take to much then like most people, I too get constipated, but it seems one needs iron in the diet to activate the bodies response to eliminate hard waste... as without the supplement-I loose that function for the most part. The urge simply isnt there.

kinda strange...

Guest, I would highly recommend having your diet and lifestyle evaluated. What you're experiencing isn't normal and I am concerned for you. I am certified Health Counselor, and I would suggest tracking down a HC near you.

I am the same as you. Without 25 mg of iron I cannot have a bowel movement.