Do i have some sort of cancer, help me guys we pleaseeee? Guys i am 21 yr. Old and my story is a year ago I notice that I was spitting extremely white foamy saliva and my throat was always dry no matter how many liter I drank at that point I didn't have any pain so i just didn't took things seriously . But 2 months ago I notice blood in my saliva, I did not care for a week about blodd again i didnot have any pain just spitting blood but then I started having terrible 10/10 headache, nothing helped my headache so my all concentration was on headache. My headache went for a months then I started to feel better but my throat was getting worse. I was spitting more and more blood everyday, day and night with dry throat. My symptoms now is I get pain in my throat then there is lots of blood on saliva. I have been to my gp so many times but they check physically and send me home with many antibiotic. I had endoscopy last week but my doctor assure its just a scratch and could not see anything. Now my throat is really painfully I can't bear it but my doctor says nothing is wrong. I can swallow food and all that but now its 3 months and my problems not gone instead gotten worse. Any idea guys . I am dying for answer.... please guys help me. I think its some sort of cancer but can't find any lump. My tonsils is absolutely fine. My chest X-ray, blood test is all fine as well. Any helppppp

Hi Johnrai62, I'm curious, do you have allergies of any kind? A lot of times if you have allergies and your sinuses get really irritated you will get post nasal drip that drips down your throat and can contain blood that you would then spit out. It would also irritate your throat which could lead to the dry and sore sensation too. Allergies can cause tremendous headaches! I would maybe find another doctor to look into what is going on with you though, it is your body and you know when things aren't right, if your current doc isn't helping you have to be your own health advocate and seek another opinion. It very well could be something serious, but it really sounds like allergies to me. I hope this helped. Good luck.

Can you give us some more specifics on the throat pain? Like whether anything makes it better/worse, if the pain is always noticeable when you're distracted and how well localised it is in your throat.

Also what are your teeth like? Do you brush for 2 mins twice a day? Is there blood on your toothbrush?

Finally, as previously asked, do you have any allergies such as asthma or dermatitis? Were you ever diagnosed with (or told you had) asthma or wheezy bronchitis as a child?

No my teeth is perfectly fine. Regarding my throat I have done larygoscope or endoscopy twice for my throat but the Dr just cannot fine the cause. Its really frustrating. Being Specific to pain is, it is mostly in my larynx and thyroid and just down side of my mouth where submandibular gland or salivary gland is located. My pain was getting so worse that I went to private hospital which is very expensive in UK. But still they can't find a thing. Now my thyroid in left side is enlarged and still my throat is very painful. I just don't know what to do. I have been surfing internet day and night for a similar symptoms but only the thing that is similar is thyroid cancer or throat cancer and this is making me really really tense. the fear of unknown + net symptoms making me really crazy. Just don't know who to turn too. Thank you very much for your reply guys, it just make me feel like someone is listening to me

If the doctors thought there was a risk of thyroid problems they would have ordered the appropriate scans (ultrasound and uptake scan). Thyroid cancer would have to be the size of a cricket/base ball to cause bleeding, i.e not your problem.

Do you get blood on the toothbrush? How well located is the pain? Is the pain on both sides? Does anything make it better/worse? Does the pain feel like it's deep? Does the pain come and go? How did you determine "thyroid in left side is enlarged"? Is swallowing difficult?

Thank you for reply. No I don't get blood on my teeth like I said its perfectly fine. The pain is worsened day by day. Pain is more over my left enlarged thyroid gland. It hurts just to talk a few sentence though I can swallow food fine. I am going for MRI scan with my own expense privately. I am just worried sick. Nothing really makes it better but instead moving my heads make it worse. My throat is dry right in lynx. I can feel discomfort and is very dry in lynx area. My pain is just there, it does not go but when I am really busy it doesn't hurt that much but still its always there. I am gurgling salt water but for no avail. I am really worried its cancer cause I was a ex smoker and drug user which I deeply regret. To make things worse I have been taking opiode medicine for my sport injuries which makes treatment really complex. I feel like the unluckiest man in the world. I am just stuck. I am so worried that I am thinking to other countries where treatment is fast and cheap because in UK it takes ages before you are rightly diagnose. Its already been 4 months but I just have to wait and wait and wait to be seen. That's the reason I am doing privately which is very expensive like 1000£ for a consultant and MRI. Have you got some idea what I am suffering from cause in here, doctor is dumb. Thank you again

How did you determine "thyroid in left side is enlarged"? Put another way, there are a lot of structures in the neck, why do you think it's the thyroid?

Also benign thyroid nodules are fairly common, and nothing to worry about.

I don't understand how you can always have blood in your mouth but never on the toothbrush.

An MRI will be of limited use for a thyroid problem (it can only observe the lump). But can identify if the lump is from a different structure.