Basically in January I suffered from a panic attack which has left my throat feeling really congested and I find it sort of difficult to swallow. It has been 3 months and my throat still feels weird. It feels sort of rough and tight. I had been on anti biotics which got rid of the pain of my sore throat but not the congested feeling. I have also had my throat swabbed and results have come back clear. However, I have recently been reading about throat cancer and some of the symptoms are similar to how I feel: clearing of throat, Trouble swallowing, continual throat congestion and, sometimes I tend to have minor coughing fits. I sometimes get the occasional tonsil stone. Im not sure whether I am being paranoid or have something genuinely wrong with me. I am 15 and do not smoke or drink. If anyone could reply ASAP that would be great :)

well if your 15 maybe you should talk with your parents, not people on here.:-D

While the symtoms may be alarming, anxiety will totally exacerbate how you are feeling... Try not to think of it being cancer right away. First, see your doctor with your parents, have them do bloodwork (Specifically, CBC and thyroid panels; I promise it really doesn't hurt - nurses are usually really good about that), and ask tons of questions... You might have acid reflux disease (GERD), which a simple over-the-counter antacid may resolve (like Prilosec or Prevacid). Unfortunately for me, I am in your same predicament, except I am 29, but i am dealing with thyroid and acid reflux issues.

Please remember that online, the first thing that these websites (WebMD, eHealth, Mayo Clinic) suggest as a cause is cancer. Cancer is VERY scary to think about, but you are young; if you have no to very low family history, your chances of getting a cancer disease are lower, and you don't do drugs. The person who responded earlier, while he/she was an ass about it, was correct - definitely talk to your parents!

if you Something weird in you r throat, Just go to a neerest practtitioner, for a check up, dont it late for this, my friend has this cancer , they ddnt recognize its a throat cancer, after 3rd stage they diagnosis , but its loo late, so first find out , any way thanks for sharing this, its my advice, d

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Eh, they weren't THAT rude. Didn't you see the ecstatic smiley face at the end? Lol