I woke up around 9am with this pressure in my throat down near my colar bone, and it won't go away, and a pressure on my back, the side where my heart is, it hurts so much. I sat over the toilet trying to get myself to throw up, maybe something was was, I didn't get to sleep until 4am, I ended up having some raman noodles and sherbert, but I don't think that's what it could be. All I could manage was hacking and spitting and then I started spitting blood. Not alot, but alittle. The pressure hurts, any idea as to what could be wrong??

Hi Jackie. I am so sorry that you are not feeling well! I wanted to ask a few more questions so I/we can get a better idea of what may be going on. My first and most important question...did you recently start any new medications?? If so, this could be an allergic reaction and you need to seek treatment right away!!! Did you eat anything that may have cut your throat? (like chips?) Are you having any pain in your jaw or radiating to your neck or shoulder/arms? If you have ANY problems breathing, please, please call 911 immediately! Take care of yourself hon!

Jeannine

Thank you so much for replying. I actually did start two new medications just yesterday. An oral steroid (prescribed by my physician to help a rash under my armpits go down) and an eye steroid to help with the swelling of my eyes. LONG story there.. My eyes are fine, so I know it's not the eye steroids. My mother thinks it's because I may not have had enough to eat with the oral steroid and I was experiencing acid reflux. I ate a hearty breakfast and have already had lunch, soon to eat dinner, and I feel fine now. The pain subsided an hour or so after I ate breakfast. The only thing I ate last night was the raman noodles and sherbert, which is very soft and not able to cut my throat. I wasn't having trouble breathing, it was just a pressure sort of pain (which my dad says is the gas building up or something along those lines) right above my collar bone. I feel fine right now. Thank you for your concern and your help.

You are very welcome for my reply :-) I think your parents may be onto something with the acid reflux. That can cause a burning, tightness feeling in your throat as well. If you show any signs of a reaction like your throat closing, chest pain, rash, etc please contact your doctor! Good luck and maybe try some tums for the reflux and see if that works.

Jeannine

Hi, please help. It sounds like the same kind of syptoms I have been feeling for the last week and a half. I have pressure in my throat and a pain/pressure in between my shoulder blades, it can feel quite sharp at times like there is something digging in. I did think it was indigestion and still kind of do but the doctor gave me some capsules called Omeprazole 20mg which I started taking on Friday - although the pain did ease over the weekend and I only felt it now and again, it has started again today. How long should the tablets take to work?

If a physician has prescribed medication to you, continue taking it until you can get in to see him/her again. But please do get another appointment. If the medication isn't helping, then it's not what the doctor thought it was.

Hey, i very often get bad pressure in my chest and tightness in my throat. I went to the doctor a few days ago, as the chest pain was very bad, and at night i found it hard to sleep, due to the tight feeling in my throat. He took my blood pressure and did an ECG scan on me, and said my heart was fine.. he thinks i have some sort of acid problem (acid reflux) and prescribed me some tablets and gaviscon.. since then i have felt much better.. however i have noticed 2 lumps in my throat.. one just above the place wher my adams apple would be if i was a guy, and the other just below that.. I have never noticed these before. Do you think it could be to do with my acid reflux problem? I wondered if they were just swollen lymph nodes, however the lumps are not down the sides of my neck.. =S

I have these symptoms and the Dr. found gallstones in gallbladder by doing a Ct scan with contrast. i believe they can do a sonar and find stones also. Please have this checked I go for surgery Monday the 26th.

I have the same symptoms and it just hit me that it could be a wheat allergy. I eat wheat everything, bread, pasta, cereal anything wheat.
To me it seems like an allergy, but still connected to the colon, this could be it.
I have pressure in the neck and right ear, pain above my left chest and in my left arm. Rapid heart beat and frequent hyperventilating.

Please people ,get your thyroid checked. I had the same symptoms, went to all kinds of doctors, finally the allergists sent me for thyroid testing. also if you have a thyroid condition, avoid gluten.There is a strong connection between gluten intolerence and thyroid issues.