About a month ago I went to the doctor because of an abnormal discharge that was yellow and had a bad smell they tested for chlamydia and came out positive. Also the doctor said I had a yeast infection and viginitis. I got treated all of it. The treament they gave me for chlamydia was the one doze treament My bf went it and got treated as well. We waited about 10days until we had sex again. Well last night My bf and I notice an abnormal discharge like cottage cheese and I also notice I bled a little after we had sex when I was cleaning myself up. Today I went to the doctor and once again the chlamydia test came positive and now with a bv infection. Now I'm on the doxycycline for a week. Has anyone have this problem where the initial treament failed? Or can the chlamydia be mistaken for something else?

Hi Esme,

With ANY infection the treatment can fail.  It's not unusual to have to need a different medication.

It's also not uncommon for a yeast infection OR BV to not clear after initial treatment either.  BV can be very difficult to treat.

Your partner should get retested again. 

Follow up with your doctor and get retested after you complete your treatment to make sure that it worked this time.  You do not want to be carrying chlamydia as it can lead to infertility.

Good luck.

Your treatment probably didn't fail, you're just testing way too soon. Chlamydia tests will continue to be positive for up to a month after you've been treated. There is no point testing before this as it won't really tell you for sure whether or not you're picking up dead Chlamydia dna or whether the treatment failed (which is unlikely considering the 97% cure rate of azithromycin).