I would REALLYYYY appreciate any answers I can get as I am falling into shambles here!!! I have avidly started researching & have come across some people who seem to have run into a similar situation that my fiance' and I are facing:

Right before my fiance' & I met and began dating, a little over a year ago, I tested positive for Chlamydia from a previous partner. I was treated, and a week later my fiance' and I engaged in sexual activity, however, we did not have intercourse until 18 days after my treatment. Either way, I have been told and in my research I see that the medication given should clear the STI up within a week. I was told the medicine was also really good, and there should be no worry that it won't work, and because of that, I didn't go back for a test of cure 3 months later as generally recommended. 6 months later however, things didn't seem quite right down there and I got tested. No infections, and the STI test was negative, so I brushed it off my shoulder. NOW 5 months down following that last test, my fiance' and I BOTH began having symptoms within 2 days of each other. My fiance' and I are faithful to each other, so neither one of us could have come into contact with it. The doctors are telling me that there is a paper trail. I had a POSITIVE test, was treated, had a NEGATIVE test, and now am testing POSITIVE. They are saying something had to have happened in between my last test and now.

I asked if it is possible that when my fiance' and I first started being sexually active, if I could've given it to him, and then it has been dormant in his body until now, in which I got it back from him. They said he would've had symptoms all along, and that I would not have tested negative months down the road (like I did) had that happened. BUT, what I don't get is that I have heard and read that you can have Chlamydia for months, to even a year or years without symptoms ( I don't believe that that constitutes as it being dormant). I mean, there is a REASON it is called the "SILENT" STI, so I don't understand how they can say that he would've had symptoms all along if I did pass it to him.

I also asked if it was possible that my treatment never worked, and the test that I took 6 months later was a false negative. These medical professionals are saying there are no IF ANDS OR BUTS about it. That if I was negative, that I was negative.

If anyone else out there has faced a similar situation, please respond. I am going CRAZY. I believe anything is possible, and nothing is 100%, as there is such things a human error! But instead, this is throwing my life for a whirl, as there people are making me second guess things with there "scientific tests." :-(

Chlamydia is called "silent" because it often presents no symptoms. You don't know you have it.

It is a bacteria. Unlike viruses (herpes, etc.) which can go dormant, bacteria is either present or it is not. Your body can fight bacteria, you were also given an antibiotic to treat your initial chlamydia infection.

Of course human error can come into play. No test is perfect. Still, you did test negative 6 months after treatment.

When was your fiancee's first STD test? Was it the one at 11 months that you refer too? If so, he may have had Chlamydia with NO SYMPTOMS showing for months. If he hadn't been tested before this is the most likely answer. You may not necessarily "catch" Chlamydia immediately.

If I follow your post that would be my best guess at present.

Thank you for your response medic-dan. I tested positive for Chlamydia last August (2010), and was treated and also retested on the day of my treatment (September 2010) to be sure, as the original test was done in a different state. My fiance' and I met around that time, and a week after I was treated we were sexually active. My fiance' was never tested. 6 months later (March 2011) I was tested and it was negative. Now 5/6 months (August/September 2011) following my last test, him and I are both experiencing symptoms. I went for an infection check, which was negative, so I was tested, and it came back positive for Chlamydia.

So I believe what you are saying, is that I could've given it to him after I was treated, as maybe the Chlamydia wasn't out of my system yet, and he has had it all this time with no symptoms for months, and it wasn't passed back to me until after my testing 5/6 months ago?

Either you gave it to him then or he had it from before is a strong possibility.

Many, many, people show no symptoms, whatsoever.

I hate to say this but if you trust your fiancee' then it's the most likely explanation.

I do trust my fiance'. I have no doubt in my mind that he has been faithful to me. It's just been difficult because I am being told one thing, yet I am quickly learning with these types of things, that they are not usually black and white. You have given me much more than I have been trying to get out of the medical professionals I have spoke with. Thank you.

I think you were looking for an answer to which you had already made up your mind with. You were not looking for the truth. Once you are treted it is gone. If u have sex with an infected person, you will test positive again. He got it, but not from you. But like I said, you were not looking for the truth, but a reason to believe him eventhough many professionals already proved it to you.

sorry2say, I think you are looking for a particular answer to which you had already made up your mind with. You were not looking for the truth. For this reason, your answer centres around infidelity, when the most likely case is what medic-dan has mentioned (SoConfused gave it to her partner who presented asymptomatically, wasn't tested, and gave it back to SoConfused).

SoConfused's best bet is to both get tested and treated, and until treated abstain from unprotected sex. Then bang it out crazy and see if you get it again to trial and error that sh*t.

I wanted to know well herbs help keep it control n never come back

I've heard that recent studies say that if Chlamydia is in the gut it can still survive normal treatments, and then later on reinfect its host.

I got Chlamydia back in March/April 2016 and didn't find out I had it till July 2016 I got treated and then about 6 months later i got with my new partner and 2 months after that he came up positive with it and I went to the doctor and they said it was dormant in my system and gave me more meds, I wasn't gonna argue but I wasnt sure because I didn't now if it could be dormant in my system.

So I passed it to him ? I'm in same boat I must hav caught it in march cuz I got tested in February n it was negative. Now June 13 I got called that I'm positive ... he's going to test this week

Also going through something similar. Was tested in Jan and everything was negative. My ex had cheated on me and contracted gonorrhea and they treated me for it although I was negative. Met my now boyfriend in march. About two months ago I started noticing extra discharge and decided to eat tested. It came back negative and they treated it as "BV". My boyfriend developed symptoms earlier this month and decided to go get tested. He tested positive for chlamydia. I went to the doctors the same day and got tested again (mind you I tested negative 2 weeks earlier) and I just got my results that I tested positive for chlamydia. I know 100% that I have not cheated and I trust him 100%. We simply don't have the time to mess around and pretty much live together unofficially. My symptoms were consistent over the last few months. I'm almost positive I did catch it from him since he had not been tested for a while prior to me, but I also think that I contracted it a while ago and it was just dormant since I kept testing negative.

I am the guy in your situations . Literally almost exactly the same and it's making me feel a little better because it didn't make sense until I started doing a bunch of research . My girlfriend of one year had it right before we met but got treated and was honest with me . Now here we are a year later and I have been tested positive. And she got tested a week before me and hers came back negative. we are completely monogamous . so this didn't make any sense to us . Now I'm reading that it could of been dormant which is crazy and sure caused us a lot of stress trying to explain to each other where it came from when's neither of us did anything wrong

Yes, it is possible. Even the most current common clinical tests are relatively lacking in sensitivity (87% is much less than 100%), which can lead to a false negative. Chlamydia can live dormant in ones gut, leading to self-reinfection after treatment. Also, research shows that you CAN take over two weeks to clear, and CANNOT rely confidently on cure testing for months or in isolation. Repeat testing is important. Your doctors might be ill informed or lazy. I found and read the peer-reviewed scientific literature about this earlier with ease. Please don’t be discouraged. You aren’t the only one in this situation or asking these questions.

Can you please provide the peer reviewed article as providing this type of information can save my marriage