OK the last couple of weeks ive noticed my son has been sufferin from sighns of turrets,
ive been gettin e-mails from teachers sayin if she or anyone else talks to him or looks at him or i call him in front of the class ect. His head starts shakin and falls down to the left side of his body, and sometimes he just starts movin and shakin when he caint help it.
thanx ?

Health Advisor
It is obvious you need to take him to a pediatrician. Just start from there. It could be some kind of neurological condition and your pediatrician should refer you to a proper specialist. A regular pediatrician should be able to diagnose tourettes but they are not so good at dealing with touretts. If your son gets diagnosed with tourettes you should find a doctor who specializes in this disorder.

well my son is fifteen and he just now started it
but he wont tell me whats wrong with him he says its just allergies
but he a perfectly normal kid, popular, handsome ect. and he also always clears his throat alot.
well thank you fer everythin
i really preciate it. ;-)

My son is 10 yrs old. He has ADHD. He has been taking Metadate CD and it helps, especially with school. However, I notice that he makes funny ticking noises with is throat and nose often. It happens quite often. I notice some have wrote saying that their TS has worsened. I'm concerned and wonder what other symptoms are there. Is it more common with kids with ADHD? Thanks so much. 1proudmama :-)

ive heard that the symptoms for ADHD and tourettes are most common in teenagers or people around that age. ive never heard of a connection between them thought. Seems that mental illnesses tend to come in pairs as far as i'm concerned: i have both tourettes and OCD so it could be more common in kids with ADHD but im not certain. As far as TS worsening goes, i think it does to some point take a while to develop fully. It gets a lot worse when im very anxious, nervous or stressed. Best thing i can do is to just try and stay relaxed and not think about it.