In January I was diagnosed with hsv1, I'm 17, my partner at the time wasn't having an outbreak, but I somehow was diagnosed?! It's been almost 6 months since I was diagnosed. I have been ill, stressed and tired but no further outbreaks. When I had my first 'ob' I had two 'sores' which I've had before when I was about 13.. Which is why I feel I have been Misdiagnosed. When I had an ob in January, I had no pain during urination, nor itching, nor puss filled sores, only bumps. I'm going to get retested in another place. But yeah what do you think.

Hi Confused,

On what did they base the diagnosis?  If just by appearance then it could be misdiagnosed.  If they took a sample from a sore, then it's unlikely.

Remember, HSV-1 is very common.  A cold sore is HSV-1.  Genital herpes is usually HSV-2 but can be HSV-1.

Hope it helps.

Yea go get another opinion