First off I'll go by saying I'm 21 and have no intentions on sharing this with my mother for advice...

I have several (like maybe 6 or more) painful and red and puss-filled looking bumps along the exterior lips of my vagina. I first thought they were just normal acne or ingrown hairs as I do shave some and have had before. But it's become painful to the point that it hurts when I pee and if I sit wrong or anything it also hurts. I just recently (within the past six months) became sexually active so I guess needless to say, I've only ever had one sexual partner, my boyfriend. I've had unprotected sex with him but he's clean. A little over a week and a half ago he mentioned something about a cold sore on his lip that might be developing but I didn't really think anything of it. Since I received oral from him, could it be possible that I just got that from him? I think I read somewhere that there are two kinds of herpes. The first one is just the cold sore type, and the second is the more serious, genital kind.

I've been wanting to go for my first gynecology visit and I just made an appointment request yesterday. I really want this to go away. It is quite literally a pain.

Can someone tell me if what I'm thinking is correct? Also, what would be the best way to talk to my boyfriend about this? I'm shy as it is and I find this very embarrassing... Especially with Valentine's coming up. :-(

Yes you can transfer the herpes virus through oral sex. You need to go to a doctor immediately.

My doctor can't see me until the 26th of this month.

What home-remedies or over-the-counter things can I do to help my discomfort and maybe help the blisters heal?