Ok quick background. I have been sleeping with a girl consistently for several months, a about a week ago I was shaving my downstairs and tried a new direction with the blade. I have developed red sores that seem consistent with ingrown hairs and their placement is also consistent to where I shaved (like right near my waistline) On Tuesday at about 2am I had intercourse with an ex-girlfriend of mine who I was the only person she ever slept with. a day later (Wednesday) she texted me complaining about discomfort. Got checked out today (Thursday) and the doc told her it might be the H. Now I'm only experiencing these red sores and some pain from having some rough sex the weekend before which I believe damaged my urethra (this has happened before) and it the pain has decreased daily but the sores are rather consistent. They don't itch or burn they are just unsightly.

Now for my ex the first thing to be is the timeline does not add up. She developed an outbreak in almost 24 hours? She has been under a lot of stress and is frequently exhausted from lack of sleep. My theory is, before I saw my ex I was at a concert where I was dancing and got very very sweaty. Since the sores appeared before the concert from my shaving I'm thinking some sweat or whatever may have found tis way into the in grown hairs and then during our rather abrupt intercourse may have transmitted some bacteria or something to her sensitive vagina ( she hasn't been having sex at all) So to me some basic research is telling me that this is all been a misdiagnoses.

Please, reassure me.

Upon closer inspection of one of my sores I can just barely make out what looks like a hair underneath the skin.

Your explanation seems to be very logical and thorough... and a plausible explanation.

As you are familiar with how you have reacted before (rough sex and bruising) and you recognise the timeline of what came first,
you are in the best position to notice and make connections.

Your shaving in a new direction could explain some of your irritation, and perhaps some of the irritation for the ex-gf.

Do keep washing and treating these small sores as if they are ingrown hairs, and perhaps in the future, you might consider some after shave lotion or not shaving in the wrong direction.

Hope this has helped.
Perhaps someone with more experience of shaving the pubes or around the genitals will be able to comment.

Good luck.

Thank you for your response. I spoke with a consultant at CVS while I was gathering some things for help the sores (exfoliator, neosporin, compress, and lotions) and he seemed to agree with me after I showed him the red bump near my waistline. I'm still uncertain about one particular sore that is slightly larger than the other but it resides on the top of my penis where most of the friction and or sweat would reside. I'm thinking both are irritating it further.

As for the rough sex part, either going to fast and "missing" twice or the condom I used has probably done some damage to my urethra. Its a bit sensitive near the tip and just feels like its raw from too much movement (in my jeans and such) Like I said the pain has gone down consistently since the incident (I just had to stop having sex for a few days).

The timeline is another positive, seeing as how the outbreak range doesn't match up with anything in my past. 2-28 days? And if what I am experiencing now is my first sever outbreak then I would have had to have sex with someone other than the aforementioned women in the past month or so and that has not happened.

Simply put, I think I have ingrown hairs, one of which has gotten possibly severely infected. And after sex with my ex, the bacteria from the sweat or anything made it way into her vagina and caused irritation similar to that of H. She hasn't gotten test results back, and because of that I'm taking the people at the School Clinic's diagnosis very cautiously (Seeing as I have been misdiagnosed before by my school clinic) Any further advice if this particular ingrown hair has become infected?

sorry for the double post, as for the timeline the shaving came first and then the rough sex incident.

If anyone is still interested, it turned out to be folliculitus. Staph test came back negative and I'm on antibiotics which is clearing the spots up. The only twist now, is that my ex has just been tested positive for Herpes Type 1. I'm getting tested tomorrow, but I'm still flabbergasted she got it, and I haven't shown any signs of contracting it. Well anyway, wish me luck and keep me in your prayers.

Thanks so much for the follow up.
So rarely we get to hear what things turned out to be.

Ingrown hairs after all, eh?

Good luck.

Yeah, so if anyone else has a similar scare hopefully this can shed some light on the issue. Now I'm just nervous about how my test will turn out.