This rash is itchy and occasionally stings. It gets worse when I am sweaty or at night, and is in between my thigh and groin. Since the first day I have noticed it, only 1 new bump has showed up, and it is the lowest one in the picture. The rest have been there since I was aware of it. None are puss filled, but the bumps are raised and red. It has not gone away for about 6 days now. Can someone please help me find out what this is?

Hello, Guest. I believe what you have is ingrown hairs.  Have you been shaving in those areas?  I am sure that this is what is giving you grief and causing the itching.  Ingrown hairs can occur anywhere but especially where one shaves or where there is friction present.  You can help the areas in question by not shaving and by exfoliating with a scrub or loofah. 

Has anyone had this happen to them?  Have you had small bumps on your thigh or groin and found it was ingrown hairs?  Or something different?  What did you do to remedy this situation?

Thanks for your feedback! It means a lot. I really don't think that it is that, for 2 days later, it is spreading more. The tops of the bumps now have very tiny scabs on them, but I RARELY itch them. Do you know if there is a way to post pictures on here?

Health Guru
Hi, to post pictures you need to upload them to an image share site then sort the link on here. :-)

You say that you don't scratch them, but DO they itch at all? Are you having any other symptoms other than the rash? It could be some allergic reaction. Do the bumps ooze anything at any point? Images of it would be great if you can figure out how to put a URL of the photo on here. Thanks for that tip, blankcanvas002! How are the bumps doing? Are they still spreading?

Health Guru
here are a few image share sites that other members have used in the past. photobucket Imgur imageShack hope you find them useful :-)

Thank you, blank! :D

sounds like herpes. Is it painful to sit? Initial outbreak is the worst one. get to a doc or clinic because they need to see the "rash" to test for herpes or genital warts. Dont forget, condoms do not prevent those 2 STD's