Hi - I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my issue.

Ok, I'll try and explain it as best as I can. My girlfriend has HSV-2, I've had un-protected sex with her a number of times, after the first time I woke up the following day to find lots of red/pink bumps/spots under my foreskin. Naturally I had a little freak-out. I didn't know that there was anything wrong until I looked because I had no pain or discomfort whatsoever. There were no blisters or anything like that. So I went to my local GUM clinic and they tested me for everything, including Herpes. The test for everything came back negative, including Herpes. I know that it's very common for a swab test for hereps to come back as a false-negative. I was pretty sure I had Herpes at this point based on the fact my girlfriend has it.

The redness and pink/red spots/bumps slowly dissapeared over the course of about a week and at no point did any blisters appear, again, there was no pain.

Over the course of about 2 years now I have had these 'outbreaks' of painless spots/bumps appear under my foreskin that last anything from 2 - 5 days. I've naturally assumed that they are a herpes outbreak but would it really look like this? Would it really be painless?

I've noticed over the last year or so that it always look quite red under my foreskin - as in all the time. I make sure I wash regular and dry it. Sometimes the redness is quite prominent, sometimes it's (rarely) it's not that noticeable. When I get these 'episodes' of the rash/bumps under the foreskin, it's always in the same place.

I've tried thrush cream over the past week because I've just become fed-up with this redness. The cream doesn't seem to be doing anything. I can't go and get tested for herpes again until I have another 'outbreak' but who knows when that will be?

I guess I've posted this because I'd just like some advice from people who might be able to give me an idea as to whether this sounds like Herpes or whether it sounds like something else.

Thanks for reading, I know it's fairly long!

Well, based on what you have said I highly doubt it's thrush. Thrush is a type of yeast infection and would be characterized by a white, cheesy substance - not pink and/or red dots. 

Sure, I see what you're saying. I guess the best way to describe would be that it looks a bit like heat rash. That same cluster of small pinkish spots you would get - again I really don't think sounds like herpes? It seems that you either have symptoms or you don't. I have symptoms, but none are as described as typical herpes outbreaks.

just go get checked =]

Yeah you're right, I did go not so long ago anyway just to make sure that everything else was fine, which it was. But I was told to go back when this 'rash' thing returned... but who knows when that could be...