I am a 22 year old female and have been sexually active for several years. I have never had any STD, but now I'm really worried. I have been in a monogamous relationship with my boyfriend for the last couple of years, and suddenly out of nowhere, I have a small patch of blisters on my labia majora. This is the first time I have seen anything like this, but I have no other symptoms of a primary herpes outbreak, and the bumps don't really even hurt. I haven't had sex with anyone new in years, so I'm skeptical that this could actually be herpes. What is it?

Hi! im concerned that maybe my test results for herpes were incorrect...I recently had sex with a new guy im dating...i was well lubricated and during penetrations i got what i thought was a tear near the end of the entrance of my vagina..When it didnt go away with the week, i went to see my doctor because it was time for my annual...i mentioned to him what happened, he suggested that i get tested for herpes and all other STDs...i was in shock because i never had and STD before and i was always safe..well the tests came back negative and i was relieved but the so called"tear" is still there and now it has spread and looks more like a cluster of small-tiny blisters...i recently changed my laudry soap to something new so i was thinking maybe it was an allergic reaction, but now i worried that this could still be herpes..i dont have any other symptoms whatsoever, but the "blisters" are painful when i wipe..besides that everything else looks normal..im really worried and not sure of what to do...

The best thing to do in my experience is to get a blood test and repeat it again in 3- 6 months.

I went through a similar experience and had 3 different blood tests over a 1.5 year period, and all came back negative. My doctor explained that it doesn't necessarily mean its negative, rather that the bloodwork wasn't done at an appropriate time to detect the antibodies. The best way to find out for sure is to go see your doctor when you actually have an outbreak/blisters - they can tell based on the physical symptoms many times as well.

Good luck!

Your doctor should do a scraping of the blisters/sores go to the doctor when you have a sore/blister!

I too have developed genital sores... but IVE NEVER HAD SEX, i havent done anything remotely close to having sex besides kissing. I rarely wear skirts or shorts, but all my symptoms.. headache fever, sore muscles.. they relate to herpes..

like the other girls im terrified, im waiting for my specialist appointment. i know the myths about sitting on toilets seats etc, are 'virtually' not true, but is there a 0.1% chances i may have caught it from somewhere..?

How are you sure that you have genital warts? I'm not sure as to why you're convinced tha tyou have it but you really could not have caught it from another source other than sexual contact... Can you tell me how your specialist appointment goes?

Im 17, and for a while (a few years) Ive had these almost microscopic bumps, only about 5 o them, i cant feel them or they dont hurt at all and never have, but if you look REALLLLLLY close you can see them.. I am a virgin never done anything with anyone ever! and im EXTREMELY terrified that this may be herpes...Please can anyone help?

Im 17 years old. virgin. never done anything with anyone ever!....I have these almost microscopic dots on my penis, they dont hurt, i cant even feel them, and can rarely see them!...I thought they were just hair but I was looking at pictures of herpes online and they look similar..i HAVENT DONE ANYTHING WITH ANYONE! how could I have herpes? Im terrified if this is herpes but i am to embarresed to go ask my mother about it.. what do I DO?

Well, it looks like everyone is having the same difficulty I am too… I have been in a 8 years relationship and never had another sexual intercourse with another men accept my husband so it’s impossible for me to catch any sort of disease unless my husband did? But I just started to notice that I have these small blisters on my labia and they hurt time to time. The blisters look disgusting; I have never gotten anything like this. I get it mostly when I am on my period, but I think that’s because the pad rub against my skin and it irritates it. But I started to have the blisters even when I am not on my period….I went to the doctors and did a test on STD, and Herpes, yet it all came back negative…

.

its not herpes. my boyfriend has it too. i thought he had something, i asked my doctor and they said it something(can't remember what)but it is not a std, or anything like that, she told me that lots of guys have it. if they are uniformed around the head of your penis, and you haven't had sex im sure you have the same thing he had. Its just something some guys are born with. if you go to your doctor he/she can tell you the name of it, but at this moment i can't remember what it is called.

It is probably herpes. you can get it from oral sex as well as a lot of other ways and sometimes it takes years to show. you can come back negative for it via blood tests because it takes a while for the antibodies to show up which is what they test for. wait a month or 2 and retest and see what shows up. but def sounds like the herps. 1 out of 4 people have genital herpes and and 8/10 have oral herpes, it gets better with age ie outbreaks become less frequent. dont drink too much or stay in the cold too long as these things can trigger an outbreak. also stress is a huge trigger and i mean if u get made for like 5 or ten min n ur heart rate is racing it can trigger an out break. its not the end of the world and is very controllable. also fyi you can tell if ur about to outbreak if you get really tired all of a sudden or have lower back pains that hurt of feel like burning. good luck!!! i use immune defense by emergency daily as well as take 4000mg of lysine to lower and stop outbreaks. good notes if you dont have medical insurance.

yes there is a chance. toilet seats can contain it if someone who was just having an outbreak sat on it right before u and had contact with the seat. you can also get it from oral sex and fingers if someone had it in there mouth b4 forplay.

Recently my clitoris had started to itch badly like when I would have a yeast infestion; but I recently saw a small cut in the folds of my lapia & then suddenly small bumps appeared. I'm unsure if its herpes. I have diabetes so the fatigue, headaches are common. I don't experience pain, just an itch at times & it actually feels better when I scratch. No problems when urinating; it feels normal. I'm definitely stressed as I lost my job in October & paying my bills is constantly on my mind. I stress even more when my daughter asks for something I so easily was able to provide; but no longer can. I had an abortion in January & am afraid I might be pregnant again; so I've been avoiding taking a test. I also recently returned from a vacation in Puerto Rico (was paid for when I had a job & was non-refundable) with my cousins; we all caught a cold when returning from the beautiful weather in PR to frigid cold of DC (subsequently; immediately upon this return is when my vijay-jay got sick). I didn't have sex in PR; but did immediately upon returning home 2 my Boo! Again I'm currently unemployed which means no insurance & no doctor.

So what's wrong with my vijay-jay?

if it is herpes, I saw on the site were someone recommended lysine, how do I go about getting this?

This is Ezactly what happened to me and it is herpes :(