Hi, I need tips how to look older? I look really young, people tell me that I am 17 and I have 24 years. When I started to work, nobody took me as an authority. What can I do to look older?

Hi, first you can change your hairstyle, to give you expression of a mature person. Hair can make a huge impact on your appearance, color, style and tricks can make you look younger or older looking. Generally, darker hair makes you older and blond makes you younger. Also, long hair gives you years and short hair will make you look like a girl. Also, make up and clothes can add you more years if you make right choice. But, one day, and that day will come soon you will be grateful for looking younger. Many people wish to look younger. Beauty centers and cosmetic treatments are developed to make women look younger.

thats a good idea

I look very young as well. I am thirty and people think I am about 18.It doesnt help that i am considered petite. I work in a job where I am supposed to command authority but I tend to get overlooked as a kid. One day I will be grateful for it I'm sure but until then....

Your appearance isn't all that important in these circumstances. The most important thing is how you speak and behave. Be confident, strong, graceful and demand authority with your tone of voice, facial expressions and body language.

Maybe a hair change would help you get into the character you need to find - the right clothes could make a big difference too.

I have this happen all the time. I'm 27 years old and people are shocked when I tell them this. They think i'm in the age range of 18-23. I find it extremely annoying and know that there's not much I can do about it! I work as a nurse, so my hair needs to be pulled back most of the time along with wearing scrubs. I also have a fairly petite frame. I find that even when I'm all dressed up, I look young. I too get the quote..."you'll be grateful when you're older." *Sigh* what to do until those years do show up! I would love to look at least my age of 27 years old.

I also have this problem. I have a babyface. I'm 18 years old and people think that I'm 14 or 15. It's not that I'm immature. It's not that I didn't go through puberty, I went through puberty when I was 10 I guess I just have a babyface . :-) We will be grateful someday!

Good to read this one in particular. I am 31 and got asked if I was 18 today! Gets annoying. More from a credibility point of view, but also from peoples reaction - especially younger people who feel they can talk down to you as you look younger than them! It seems that the older I get, the younger I look - like the ageing process is working in reverse. Encouraging to read other people have the same problem as all you see these days is people looking older than they are, on the younger end of the spectrum, and those who are older, wanting to look young!

It's reasurring to hear I'm not the only one in this situation! I am 24 years old... when people ask me how old I am, they not only go ON AND ON about how yound I look, but they insist on insulting me saying that I look 12-14 years old! i don't understand because when I was 15/16 I could get into clubs with no problems. Now I dress older, I always wear make up and take time to do my hair... BUT NOTHING IS WORKING!! I'm very articulate in my speech and carry myself well.. Can anyone suggest something other than what I have already stated?

Everything on the subject on the net is apparently aimed towards teenagers and women... and particularly towards teenage girls.

For teenagers it may seem ridiculous to want to look older. For most women and men over 60 it's probably a blessing.

But for a middle-aged man with responsibilities to look 15+ years younger than his age it's A REAL

MA-LE-DIC-TION

If you're 40, with plenty of accomplishments to go along with, and a big experience but you look like you're some 25-years old guy, it's a big impairment in your career and your social life in general.

Imagine yourself as being twice a PhD, having fought a war, a father of 2 full-grown children, being a man with responsibilities... and regularly told by some penis as if you were 20-odds. It's extremely challenging.

And for some, growing a beard, wearing a suit, etc. just won't do. If they've been working on this for the last 20 years, you can be sure that it's been tried already.

The most ridiculous thing I've read on the net is: "be confident". Well, confident you are as far as your own work and worth are concerned. But that's precisely the attitude of the people you meet that makes you lose if not your self-confidence at least your patience.

Ah! and one more thing: a man who looks 15 years younger than his age... if he grows a beard... looks like a boy who desperately tries to look 15 years older. That's pathetic-looking.

I have the same problem and it has recently become much more frustrating. I have just started a new job as a 7th grade science teacher. I am 24, yet look about the same age as my 12 and 13 year old students. Respect from students is only a small part of the issue, more importantly though, respect from parents and my own peers. A day does not go by that someone doesn't point out to me about how young I look. Even at family functions, such as one wedding that my husband and I went to, people can't seem to get over it. One distant relative raged on and on about how there was absolutely no way that I could possibly married and said that I must be lying - and he was 100% serious. I'm married, about to turn 25 in a month, have a BS in meteorlogy, am almost finished my masters in education, and teach 7th grade, yet am still not considered an adult by others. I guess their opinions shouldn't matter, but it is incredibly frustrating. I've tried changing my hair, and clothes, and makeup, but nothing works. I'm extremely confident in talking to others, but this still drives me crazy. Any other ideas of what to try??

Heh, the last time I had somebody tell me that was at a restaurant. The waitress who said it got a quarter for a tip and a nasty note saying "that's what you get for insulting me." I will NEVER be grateful for my looks. I hate how I look anyway, and the last thing I need is somebody reminding me of it.

Hi everybody,

I've got the same problem : I am almost 33 and working as ICT project manager. At first look people think I am just 24-25 and just graduated. It is then with my attitude and experience that i got finally more respect and credibility.

It is not new but it gets me more and more annoyed by the way people seems to be surprised and keep on repeating "Nooo Waaayyy, i don't believe you !"

Obviously we are all on this foum looking for tricks and nobody have got answer yet.
Anyway maybe something someime useful is to exagerate the age diference: I say to these people :"Ok you're right ... I am actually 17 !" and make them understand this topic is not worth 10 minutes discussion !

But back to the subject. Do you think something else than clothes may make the difference ? what about hairs ? skin or other things on seen on the face ?

Good luck to all of you

I have that problem too. I am 21 and people thinks i'm 13 or 14. I feel disrespect sometimes by people especially at work because of my young look. And what makes it worse is because I have a tiny ..slim body. I actually think that my appearence was one of the reason why I loss my previous job.

I'm glad I found this and it gives me a little comfort knowing I'm not the only one. I'm an 18 year old male who often gets told that I look between 13 - 16. I can't begin to explain how frustrating this is... and when I try to explain people often come up with that annoying "oooh you'll be glad when you're older" line. I hate that. People don't understand how embarrassing it is to have people constantly comment on how young you look. I'm sick of it because people tend to treat you like a child, people disbelieve you & pretty much call you a liar. It's got to the point where I have little self confidence about most things lads my age do, going out clubbing, meeting girls my own age, buying stuff for 18+, meeting new people and even driving. I was in Australia one time when a distant relative was chatting to me for a good hour before he asked how school was... I told him I left school 2 years ago and he then asked the dreaded "how old are you" question, to which I truthfully replied... and he told me he thought I was about 14 or 15, and that he couldn't believe it. He wouldn't shut up about it, asking everybody at the BBQ f they agreed, to which one or two did, and then further annoyed me by offering me an alcoholic drink, as if he wouldn't of approved before. It really has cut my confidence allot because when people treat you like a child you begin to feel like one. It's got to the point where when strangers ask me my age, I just lie and tell them 16 (the age what I get told allot) because I can't be arsed with the whole deal of them making an issue out of it.

And the worst thing is when you get asked out by girls who are around 14-15