:'( i am a 42 year old woman but ever since i was a child i would see streaks of blue in mucas when i spit. It has stopped. But recently I had a nasal infection and ever since then I am seeing the same blue in my mucas. I have asked around and everyone seems to think I crazy, or I should say it sounds crazy.
Can someone tell me if this is possible or IF i'm the only one this is happening to. Please help me

I have noticed something like blue colours after drinking certain types of red wine. You would know f it was this if you correlate your observations.

The exact same thing happens to me and I've never known what it was????

Your Answer: I found this info when my daughter had this symptom
It's rare but the two common colouring bacteria in mucus usually even out to green. But in the rare cases where the Pseudomonas aeruginosa/pyocyanaea (cyan meaning blue) outnumber enough Staphylococcus aureus which is yellow, the bogies produced a cyan blue mucus.

Hey I'm soo excited to find you because I have a similar problem, and it has been going on for a year. When I first went to the Dr. they though I was crazy too! I bring up thick mucus with little streaks of blue and other colors as well multiple times per day. I have had a bunch of tests and a chest x-ray....and no doctor has seen it before so far. It is not effecting my life at all....it just scares me when I see it. They just sent the sputum to be analyzed for Bacteria....maybe it's a nasal infection or a sinus infection of allergies?...I will let you know!

hey i am a 21 year old female and i had the exact same symptoms. i had a chronic cough for about two months it was at first dry then became irritant and developed sputum. Towards the end and after the cough resolved i noticed blue streaks in my sputum. it was always in the morning after waking. and now it recurs every couple of months. i am a medical student and i have never come across such thing in my studies and all my friends think am crazy :'( glad to know that am not alone . if any one knows any information about this plz post

So i'm not crazy either because this has happened to me as well!

I have been having this same problem now for about three months. I am just getting over a cold now and I spat out a whole bunch of blue mucus today. It freaked me out so I checked out this topic on YahooAnswers and everyone seemed to think it meant bleeding lungs and that it was something really serious. I am very happy and relieved to find out that I am not the only one with this problem and some of you guys have been living with blue mucus for a year. I guess it's not that big of a deal after all.

I just got a bad cold... or maybe it's a fever, recently, and I found red streaks when I would blow my nose. My mother told me it's common for nosebleeds to happen during colds, so I thought that was what it was.
But now I am seeing streaks of blue instead of red. This has never happend to me before... or that I can remember. (P.S. I am 14)

(maybe I'm not crazy either :-P )

Hey, I have been coughing up sputum for like a year now.. dr said it could be allergies & gave me a nose spray which didn't help, and did a nose and throat x-ray which didnt show anything. But about 3 times, I've noticed a teal spot in my sputum. Which looks almost like fibres. Very very odd!

i have been searching on google to find out what the same thing is that i've found. it is bluish to teal and looks like lint. i thought at first it's lint from my blankets/towels but that didn't make sense to me because i'm 30 and this never happened to me before i moved into the house i'm now living in (since july 2008).

i have been worried it has to do with mold spores because i found lots of dried black mold on my window blinds when i moved in and developed adult asthma because of it.

if anyone knows what causes it please please let us know.

I was googling this because I have noticed this blue coloring when I sneeze. About four weeks ago I developed cold-symptoms (y'know, alternately stuffy and runny nose, sinus pressure, headache, and a cough). I lost my voice for a week.
The symptoms all subsided after about a week except for the cough, which I have had all these four weeks. Now all of those symptoms have come back and the cough remains.
Glad to know I'm not alone in the blue-streaking sneeze mystery.

Every once in a while for the past year or so i would notice a teal blue-dark blue lined coloring through my tissue after I would blow my nose. Of course my entire family thought i was crazy when i told them. BUTTTT after reading some of these other posts i guess i'm not alone. I also have a mold problem in my house with small black dots in the corners of my ceiling -- this sounds like a likely cause.....?

I'm so relieved that I found other people with this strange symptom and that it seems to not indicate something serious. I have been sick with a bronchial infection/asthma for 2 1/2 weeks. About 5 days ago I developed a sinus infection. The two often go hand-in-hand for me. Last night I blue my nose and I noticed bright blue in my mucus. I thought it must have been something I accidentally inhaled but it has happened 3 times today as well. I showed my husband who verified that I am not going crazy. I was wondering if it could be from all the meds I am on. is anyone else taking medication. I am on 3 different types of asthma sprays and a form or prednisone. I also took rhinocort for 4 days. In addition, I have used a personal humidifier and saline sinus rinses several times a day. I am pretty nervous that the blue may be a sign of something else going on. I am 18 weeks pregnant so that is making me extra anxious. Is anyone who has the blue in their mucus taking any similar meds? Or have those of you who have gotten tests done, found out any more info. Any information would be much appreciated.

Yeah, blue boogers. Just getting over a very bad chest cough and I blew my nose to find some dark blue chunks intermingling with the yellow. Siccckkk. Good to know I'm not alone on this one.