Hi. If anyone can shed some light on the causes of these symptoms I would really appreciate it.
I am a 22yo female, in good general fitness, with no history of surgery or abdominal problems. I experience no period pain at all.

Over the past eight weeks I have experienced a series of symptoms, all on the left side.
It began with:
- general feeling of nausea for one week and diarrhea
- extreme bloating- I almost look pregnant (but I am definately not!)
- 1 week later stabbing pains on my left side under the bottom rib of quite a high intensity for short periods of time.
-->I went on nexum for a week and it made no difference, if not worse.
-->I had an endoscopy, all came back normal
- 1 week after that I experienced extreme left abdominal pain, like someone was pressing super-hard just inside my left hip. This sometimes happens now to a lesser degree if I need to do a #2.
-->I had an abdominal and ovarian ultrasound, all normal
--> I had a bloodtest and I have low iron, I also have antibodies to gluten in the blood but the endoscopy said that I do not have caeliacs disease.
Now I have pains the whole way up and down the left side of my body. Over the past week, when I have the pain near the ribs I have some difficulty breathing, particularly breathing out.
- I have consistently had a medium level of nausea, but feel worse in the morning.
- I have had bouts of constipation and diarrhea.
--> I have had 3 bouts of antibiotics since this began and none have made a difference.

I have an appointment with a gastroenteroligist, but not for over a month because of long waiting times.

Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated!! :-)

how you heard anything from a doctor yet, im having the same problem you are having. i am a 17 year old male. but this has only been going on from about 31 days. and it was a pain to get a referral to a GI specialist, the only one anywhere near here was for people over the age of 18! but there is a childrens GI, but they are only in town 1 day a week. so on friday i get to get my upper GI done.

have you had a ultrasound of your gallbladder, they tested me. but said it wasnt my gallbladder, but i still think it is my gallbladder.

gallbladder is on the right side

i am 15 yrs old and im a female i have sharp pain in my lower left stomic between my hip bones me ovary is swollen so much i barley rub my belly and feel a huge knot and for the past two weeks ive had really bad nausea and diariea and some times cant really walk whats wrong with me? :'(

When my gull bladder messed up all my pain was on the left side. i had severe (what felt like period cramps) only on my left side i also missed my period for 4 months every time i ate it got worse but was a constant pain for almost 9 months then still pain but not as severe..its not normal but sometime the pain from your gull bladder resides on your left side even though the problem is on the right ... your gull bladder is a serious problem and can effect your periods. and its very hard to detect unless its about to explode...they took me for an ultra sound and couldn't find anything wrong and almost put problems with my gull bladder out of there heads till i wound up in the emergency room feeling like i was having a heart attack...i couldn't breathe and my whole left side felt like it was on fire...if one dr says no go to another and see if they can find whats wrong...

I am 28, for almost 3 months now I have been having severe pains in my lower stomach, bloating (you would think I was pregnant), no period (took meds to bring it on from the dr.) and still nothing. At first ( a few months ago I thought I was pregnant... did all the tests, ultra sounds, blood tests; and I wasn't. I went through cat scans because of high levels of hormones... everything came back normal. I just had two more ultrasounds done and am awaiting the results... does anyone have any advice, or clue as to what is going on??? I can't stand the pain anymore and I hate not knowing what's going on...
thank you.

the gallbladder is on the right side...

I am hoping someone can help me - for the past week now i have had severe diarrhea and severe stomach cramps on the left side of my abdoman that is like a very deep, dull period pain. I have been to my doctor who felt my stomach and put me on lomotil and rehydration sachets and sent a sample off to the lab. I am awaiting the results, and although the lomotil has dried the diarrhea up, this pain is constant and feels like i am having a really bad period and is extremely sore to touch. I am worried as it is so painful and constant. Can anyone suggest what i should do? if this sample comes back clear i dont know what to do. :'(

Yes the gall bladder is on the right side, but when a gall bladder attack occurs frequently there is rebound pain that is mostly felt in the left side and back area.

I have PMT, boobs enlarge and get sore and tender , stomach swells, I eat like a pig, I get reallly moodie and anxious about getting fat. i feel really uncomfy. ( Thats normal) Okay, so now on top of all of this I keep getting a pain , like a constnt stitch right above my letft hip. I know It might not be anything , but I worry as all my relatives on my mums side have had ovarian cysts removed. When I eventually have that dreaded bleed I flood for 2 days and have trouble. having to change every hour, and then it stops very quickly, but I feel like this is blocking everything> Can anyone give me advice on this or ami panicing about nothing?

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

the gallbladder is on the right side...

Well from a male stand point I can say it wasn't an ovary or something. All my pain was on the left side. Had white loose stools, bad pain, bloated feeling in my gut. It was my gallbladder and it was removed and the pain went away, mostly. Sometimes it's gone and sometimes there is a twinge of it there now and again.

Hey All,
I am having similar problems. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I started to have major bloating and a crampy feeling on my left side. So I went to the gyno they tested me and the preg test was negative. She said if it was still going on for a week or two then get an ultrasound which I did. I had both done. I thought it was a cyst or pregnancy. Well no cyst my ovaries are fine but I am still feeling crampy and bloated. I am not feeling the crampy feeling on the left side now its just really my whole stomach. I really dont get a period anymore because I just spot throughout the month brown and my gyno said that is normal. I am on Loestrin 24 fe.
I took two more preg tests one 5 days before my period was supposed to come and then 1 day before my period which is supposed to come. But the problem is I am so irregular so I dont really have one. The tests were negative. I am just worried because I have never experienced this bloating feeling and crampy feeling this long. So now I have to go to my doc and get checked out. Also my bowel movement is softer than normal. Can anyone help or suggest something?

Try taking a test that measures how quickly your food digests. You usually eat radio active eggs and they monitor the digestion progress. I am almost 30 and have had this problem since I was 12. They just diagnosed me with gastroparesis about 2 years ago. Only bad thing is there are not good meds like (reglan - it caused depression) and other meds insurance co. Usually don't cover.
***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

okay im a 15 year old female im expericing these same excact sympons n i get them monthly n the pain is so sever i cnt even go to school and i burst out into tears at the pain n the strong feeling of nasuea... i have no idea wat to do i need help!!!! :'(

It could just be ovulation pain. Does it usually occur in the middle of your cycle, if you have regular periods, and last less than 2 days? I get this so bad the pain wakes me up at night and I think I'm dying.