I have sharp stab-like pain in the lower right abdomen since yesterday morning. The pain is not constant, rather appears quickly and sharply (some times its so bad that I 'jump' with the surprise and pain) and then disappears. Sometimes it lasts longer and then subsides. It is better today then yesterday.
Today I have pain in the middle (towrads the top) of my back that is constant and not very severe (similar to a muscle ache) - I am not sure if the two pains are related (?)
-I wonder what the pain in lower right could be? (I am 2 weeks after last period day [which lasts 7 days] and have a little spotting when ovulating - I am not sure if this is relevant?)
-And what is the back pain from and are they related? (I have recently recovered from sinuses infection and chest infection)
Thanks, M.

I cannot remember what it is called but a few years ago my mother had the same problem. And when the doctors found what ever it was, they went in and did some surgery and I think possibly removed something.
I strongly recommend that you go and get it looked at. When my mother had those pains, the doctors told her if she didn't go in sooner she may have died.

Gosh... Can you please find out for me what it was?
Did she have the back pain as well?

It was her Gall Bladder. And yes it caused back pains, more of near the top though, like near the shoulder blades. She had it removed.
I suggest you have a doctor look at it.

I do not think its the Gall bladder as the pain is in the very low right side side of the abdomen (more around the ovary).
The pain in my back is better today and has gone down to the middle of my back.
Anyone any ideas????

Alright then. Umm, I would have to find something on that.If I do find anything I will get back to you.

about 4 months ago i had to same problems with exception of the back pain. i saw my family doctor and was told i had follicular cysts (which was seen by transvaginal ultrasound) which caused mittelschmerz (which is abdominal pain during ovulation) in my case was the follicular cysts bursting away from my ovaries causing knife sharp pain in my lower abdomen not sure if its same case for u but something to look into

hey, i was just wondering... i have had these pains for 5 days now.. and its get worse and worse... i went to the emergency room 2 days ago and they did a pelvic exam , extended ultra sound, cat scan and a nasty enema..=( but they said they didnt see anything wrong that the only thing that was wrong was my white cells were higher then what they are supose to be.. so they told me to take motrin.... Well the motrin aint worken i actually have taken 6 motrins and 2 benadryls (how ever u spell it) just so i can sleep.. the pain is so strong i curl up in a ball crien... can someone please help me out with this??? the doctors suck down here i really want to go get a second opinon.. if you could please write back to me or email me at _[removed]_ thanks.. Erika James

it is the gallbladder and it is all related. tell the Dr. you need a gallbladder scan. to determine your gallbladder function. trust me. they say the pain is always in the upper quadrant part of the abdomen but that is NOT ALWAYS THE CASE. I have been there. In the mean time, stop all dairy and anything fatty like cookies and cakes. Drink olive by the shot two times a day for the first three days followed by a shot of apple cider vinegar , to flush your gallbladder out.

I have the same pain= sharp pain in the R lower abd. It comes and goes.

I had an ultrasound done yesterday also, after complaining from your exact same symptoms - nothing was apparent but my gyno said it is likely to be from a ruptured ovarian cyst.

I have the same problem i have been to many doctors acroos the country and soo far they have found nothing. I have had many test done but nothing has appered. I fell your pain. Every night i have dreams of people stabbing me and when i do have the sharp pains it makes me jump. The pains come and go in groups. I stinks. If i figure anything out i will tell u.

i have this same problem. i recently had a c-section for my 3rd child. the pains started about half-way through this last pregnancy. during the c section, i know i bled heavily on the right side (i read my surgery notes in my chart). when i went for my 6 week post-partum visit, my dr told me that it was from the stitches healing, that thats where the knots in the sutures were, and they would take longer to dissolve. well, its been another 6 weeks (3 months total) since the surgery and i still have this pain (and when it starts, it doesnt matter if i take advil/tylenol/percoset, nothing will make it go away). i'm going to call and try to get an appt to see if he'll check it out. if he wont then i might just get a second opinion. %-)

If you have a bad gallbladder you can have pain anywhere in your abdomen. My doctor told me that. It can rupture if you don't get it taken out. They would just do an ultrasound of all your organs in your abdomen to test for it and if that doesn't show anything they send you for another test that they inject dye into you and monitor your gallbladder functions and that will show for sure if you have a bad gallbladder. As far as the stitches healing after pregnancy...I have heard this from other women who have had a c-section and they were also told it was just their body healing internally. It took a few months for them to heal and not have pain at the incision site anymore.

Pain in upper right side of abdomen; may spread to right upper back, chest, or right shoulder; nausea; vomiting; or gas....
That may be your gallstones