I am 17 years old and I am 4 1/2 months pregnant.
I don't usually smoke weed but I used to a lot.
But one day at school some of my friends were going to get high during lunch, and I didn't want to go but one of them said that it was medical weed and that it was really good. So I went with them even though I didn't want to. But then again part of me wanted to get high. So I did. I just need to know amd I hurting my baby by smoking weed??!!

I hope that you have not done this again since your last post. Weed has more poisonous chemicals in it than cigarettes. Weed is not medical. It is used by some, where it is legal, to make patients comfortable (those who are in pain, and usually dying). Weed is therefore used for medical purposes, it is not medical by itself. You should really educate yourself on these things so that you can make good decisions for your baby. The cost for your baby is lifelong. If you are smoking it, your baby is smoking it. PLEASE put your baby first. Let me know what has happened since your post. Are you having a healthy pregnancy. I hope that you are doing well.

dsdesk you are obviously an american. weed is a plant. plain and simple. the effects it has on the person smoking it is not the effect it has on a baby. i am pregnant and i have insomnia as well as intense morning sickness. i don't smoke as much as i did before being pregnant but i do have a bit before meals and bed. i can not eat and if i do it doesn't stay in my stomach long enough to do any good. i also am unable to sleep. without weed i would have had a miscarriage within weeks. as it happens i am 7 months pregnant and my child is fully active as well as the perfect size. it's heart beats are strong. u show me a child who had adverse affects from their mother smoking weed during pregnancy. it is not a drug and your baby doesn't smoke the pot. instead of telling others to educate themselves why don't u do some research and ask a doctor or 2 before pushing your moronic american short sighted views on impressionable young girls.

marijuana crosses the placenta, and can be found in the newborn's body for up to a month after a single use. Just like smoking tobacco, it causes less oxygen and food to get to the baby. This factor alone affects your baby's growth and brain development. Newborns of mothers who have used marijuana throughout pregnancy cry more. Some studies suggest that children exposed to marijuana while in the womb are at increased risk for attention disorders and learning problems that might not show up until school age.

Some say that they smoked marijuana and their baby seems fine.They might have been lucky. There is much we don't know about how marijuana affects developing babies. Marijuana is used in different strengths, mixed with other drugs and even sprayed with weed killers when it is grown. These factors all make any pot use during pregnancy risky.

Its STUPID to smoke pot whilst pregnant as your putting ur baby at risk and why anyone would want to do that i dont know.

oh and im not american . . not that that even matters. looks like you need the education not us.

hey guys...i am almost 4 months pregnant and very excited altho i am having lots of trouble sleeping at night...i have smoked cigs for almost 6 yrs of my life time and weed probably 4 yrs now, mind you i am only 22. i totally agree with her , i have so much trouble sleeping at night and have a hard time eating, without smoking a COUPLE of draws a day i would not be able to get anything down my system and would not be able to sleep ever!! is it possible if ur still smoking a little tiny bit of weed before u give birth and they see that in ur blood is it possible they would take the child away from you ? ! ? 8-|

by the way i am from canada were we dont have cps or whatever it is called over in the shitty states besides child services and resources like that do they normally screen ur baby at birth for that kinda of stuff ?